Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

8 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Kid is barely 18 if he does well with TFC I’m sure teams will come calling .

He is still young and I rather see him earn a starting role with TFC and become a starter before even thinking about crossing to Europe. We should not set Davies' move to Bayern as the standard, that's an anomaly, and the last thing Rutty needs is to end up like Pepi. He needs to play, and he needs to play his style of football, and it seems Bob Bradley is really big on him. Bob is a good coach,  and right now I feel he is the right person to bring a guy like Rutty along. If anything, one of the things I'm liking about the exodus of young established MLS players (mostly Americans for now) moving to Europe is that the clubs they are moving to are now legitimately willing to give them a chance. Its why I think its important for a guy Rutty to first stablish himself as an MLS regular at a young age before thinking about Europe.

Edited by LeoH037

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Yipes,  there has to be a move for a FB coming...right?? Are we really going to take the terrible defense from last year, take out Auro, Lareya and Lawerence and replace them with converted Shaff and JMR??  

But they also replaced Gonzalez with Salcedo so I think overall it might actually be a net improvement.

Unfortunately MacNaughton and O'Neill did get carved open by a 17 year-old Colombian in the second half, so that didn't bode well. 

I am surprised they let Lawrence go.  

• 2 weeks later...

It is beyond Crazy to see a highly sought after Canadian youth player, getting attention from the biggest clubs in Europe, disclose their current goals as to make it to Qatar and crack into the Canadian national team… 

when has a Canadian wonder kid ever had their number one goal as breaking into the CANMNT. I can’t be the only one that finds the humour in this. Just another sign of the times that this program is different. 

4 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

It is beyond Crazy to see a highly sought after Canadian youth player, getting attention from the biggest clubs in Europe, disclose their current goals as to make it to Qatar and crack into the Canadian national team… 

when has a Canadian wonder kid ever had their number one goal as breaking into the CANMNT. I can’t be the only one that finds the humour in this. Just another sign of the times that this program is different. 

When has there been a Canadian soccer wonder kid ..........before Davies?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-eastern-conference-roster-build-status-for-2022-season

Quotation of interest:

"Worth noting: Yeah, I’ve got Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty at right back right now, and probably henceforth. He’s widely regarded as the best prospect in MLS of any age or nationality, and there’s plenty of reason to think he’s perfectly suited to make an Alphonso Davies-esque shift from full-on attacker to attacking fullback."

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-eastern-conference-roster-build-status-for-2022-season

Quotation of interest:

"Worth noting: Yeah, I’ve got Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty at right back right now, and probably henceforth. He’s widely regarded as the best prospect in MLS of any age or nationality, and there’s plenty of reason to think he’s perfectly suited to make an Alphonso Davies-esque shift from full-on attacker to attacking fullback."

imagine JMR on the right and Davies on the left for the next decade

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Quotation of interest:

I think long term he’s up too maybe even at 10, his OTB movement is excellent. 

2 hours ago, theaub said:

Jamie Peters!

Ah, I use to play against Jaime as a teenager in the OYSL almost 20 years ago. Unfortunately for me, I had to match up against him on the wing. I had not witnessed speed and power like that before. Couldn't stop him other than to hopelessly foul him. He was a legend at those times. 

Just looked up his wikipedia page and I see that he's playing in League1 Ontario! Happy to see that he's still playing football. 

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think in this century, Peters and Wyn Belotte are the wunderkids who did not pan out anywhere close to expected. At least Jamie had a bit of a career. 

Ballou could end up being part of this discussion depending how the next 2-3 years go.

I think with Ballou signing in CPL he is serious about getting his career back on track (I hope).

32 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I think with Ballou signing in CPL he is serious about getting his career back on track (I hope).

Not necessarily.   I went to university to avoid getting a job, so the perception of ambition can vary quite a bit.  

I hope you are right though.  He is running out of second chances.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not necessarily.   I went to university to avoid getting a job, so the perception of ambition can vary quite a bit.  

I hope you are right though.  He is running out of second chances.  

Yeah I agree, that's where the "I hope" part comes in.😀