Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

On 3/30/2021 at 5:23 PM, DigzTFC said:

Wow. After watching that video, because it's the only one that I've seen of him, you can see him being another attacking FB.....on the right side as opposed to Davies left side.  This team is getting so deep.  Now if they can convert Noble Okello into a dominating CB we could see a huge step forward.

My next prediction is Okello moves to CB

3 hours ago, JamesF said:

His highlights from todays game

But can he defend?  :) 

Looked very slippery and connected very well with his team mates higher up the pitch. But with him cutting in so much, I could imagine lots of space being left for the opponents to attack. Did anyone watch, was this a issues? 

Excited to see how this plays out. Does the club have any other right backs in the squad?

Well we have all heard how good this kid can be and it’s been for a few years now that people that have been around him have been telling us this kid has great potential. He is only 18 and if this kid lives up to his potential oh man we might just have another  great one in our midst. What a great time to be a Canadian soccer fan especially for  us old farts lol.

2 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

Things that stand-out w JMR is footy IQ and tidiness. Perhaps lacks some of physical components albeit still developing into a man.

Have a feeling that he's better suited in Europe for overall game and growth. Would like to see him land somewhere where he can maximize his potential. Don't feel like TFC is the place. 

Kid is barely 18 if he does well with TFC I’m sure teams will come calling .

6 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Seems like he would have been at Liverpool if he was old enough to get the work permit etc. Either way he is not lacking options. In the meantime he needs a breakout season with TFC. Certainly a dark horse for the WC squad if he performs well in the coming months. 

35 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Seems like he would have been at Liverpool if he was old enough to get the work permit etc. Either way he is not lacking options. In the meantime he needs a breakout season with TFC. Certainly a dark horse for the WC squad if he performs well in the coming months. 

I think someone his age might not get picked just because of the lack of experience.  Even if he shows well in MLS this season, would you drop an established national team winger for a 18year old? I am not sure, but there will be injuries too.  He needs to show better than the other dark horse wingers, Millar, Corbeanu, SHaff etc.  MAKE herdman pick him.  

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

He’s still 17 actually until June.  Last season he started the year for TFC as a 16 year old off the bench.  This year he’s going to be a regular starter at 17.  

Those clips from yesterday’s game was a 17 year old handling a team of adults.  He’s progressing so fast which is why all the teams are coming.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I think someone his age might not get picked just because of the lack of experience.  Even if he shows well in MLS this season, would you drop an established national team winger for a 18year old? I am not sure, but there will be injuries too.  He needs to show better than the other dark horse wingers, Millar, Corbeanu, SHaff etc.  MAKE herdman pick him.  

True. You can I think several young and older names are in the same periphary boat. 

That said, if he blasts off this season and fulfills some of the hype he could well be a wildcard like Michael Owen or Wayne rooney was back in the day.

So much to play for still, potential injuries and form can change a lot and quickly but for the most part we know herdman will reward those that have got us to the dance and try to be consistent. At the same time if could be an important taste for 2026 for players like JMR too, if picked.

Wonder if fifa will allow alternates like the Olympics. Seems unlikely but I hope we have a bigger squad going than the qualifiers.

Edited by toontownman