Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

17 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

The move to Montreal makes more sense now that Montreal announced they've shipped Ruan off to FC Dallas. (for 50k GAM + 100k in conditional GAM)

Ruan must've wanted to move on as they basically gave him away.  

Either way, that should free up some minutes for JMR.

His wife posted a story about how much she disliked living in Quebec like last week. From what I’ve heard, they actually traded him while he was in vacation in Quebec City.

Fans are apoplectic about it. I’m pretty high on Bugaj and obviously JMR, his replacement, but for the sake of the team, I hope he storms out of the gate. They signed Herrera, traded him for Ruan to reduce wages, and (from fan POV) dealt Ruan for TFC’s scraps to further reduce wages.  

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

His wife posted a story about how much she disliked living in Quebec like last week. From what I’ve heard, they actually traded him while he was in vacation in Quebec City.

Fans are apoplectic about it. I’m pretty high on Bugaj and obviously JMR, his replacement, but for the sake of the team, I hope he storms out of the gate. They signed Herrera, traded him for Ruan to reduce wages, and (from fan POV) dealt Ruan for TFC’s scraps to further reduce wages.  

Perhaps she prefers Texas BBQ over fine french dining? :D

7 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

You hate it there, but then go on "vacation" just down the road?  Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

On 8/14/2024 at 1:51 PM, ahmedou said:

Number #15

Position Defenceman

image.thumb.png.9b74789809bf0b7d20fa661a80e285c1.png

Do you know if they plan to play him as wingback or outside back?  I'd rather see him further up the pitch but listing him at defense sounds like he may continue there in Montreal.  His play at RWB for TFC this season isn't too far off from Farsi's level imo, so as much as I'd love him to play further up, I'd love for him to blow by Farsi as well in that role.

2 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Do you know if they plan to play him as wingback or outside back?  I'd rather see him further up the pitch but listing him at defense sounds like he may continue there in Montreal.  His play at RWB for TFC this season isn't too far off from Farsi's level imo, so as much as I'd love him to play further up, I'd love for him to blow by Farsi as well in that role.

It's either he plays right back or left wing.

I hope that he plays left wing. We all hope that they play him at a offensive position to show us his talent!

Right Back: To replace Ruan

Left Wing: To replace Lassiter

"I feel like I still have a lot to prove!"

"I want to play football! Montreal gives me that opportunity. There are some excellent players who have come through here (CF Montreal) and excelled. I hope to be next!"

"I know this rivalry (Montreal vs Toronto) is important for the fans, and for me too. But I only want to get better, and that’s why I’ve made this decision..."

On 8/14/2024 at 12:04 AM, Acid-Tone said:

You hate it there, but then go on "vacation" just down the road?  Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Was about to post about the incongruity of that as well. Always wonder if people who moan about being in Montreal make any sort of effort to respond in the language somebody speaks to them in. Makes a massive difference to how you get treated and you don't need to be anywhere close to fluent to be able to give it a go.

On 8/15/2024 at 4:38 PM, Corazon said:

This is my concern.  As nice as Laurent Courtois seems, he plays a LOT of guys out of their natural spots.  Seems obsessed with trying to reinvent things.  No idea what he has in mind for JMR, I'm kinda worried.

33 minutes ago, costarg said:

This is my concern.  As nice as Laurent Courtois seems, he plays a LOT of guys out of their natural spots.  Seems obsessed with trying to reinvent things.  No idea what he has in mind for JMR, I'm kinda worried.

Maybe he will play him out of position by putting him as a CAM…?  🤞

"It's very welcoming! Before I came when I was speaking with the president everyone said that's it's very family oriented here. So I'm very excited and it's welcoming for my teammates, coaching staff and everyone here. I knew of few players before come to the team, so they help me a little bit to settle in bit. So far so good!"

"My style of play is fast, good on one vs one, exciting, hard worker, I like to cross!"

"My goal is to make the playoffs! I think that's the most important for us! I think we've a really good team to push these final 9 games or 8 games. I'm very excited to make that playoffs push!"

Thought he played way too passively. Mostly back passes, had a few opportunities to work in space but got rid of it as fast as he could. Looked like his controller disconnected when he lost the ball that started the run for NER’s 6th disallowed goal. First game and Montreal is a complete disaster, but I hope he gets a little more creative and ambitious. 

31 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Thought he played way too passively. Mostly back passes, had a few opportunities to work in space but got rid of it as fast as he could. Looked like his controller disconnected when he lost the ball that started the run for NER’s 6th disallowed goal. First game and Montreal is a complete disaster, but I hope he gets a little more creative and ambitious. 

Only watched a bit of the game but I saw that too - and it isn’t surprising.  He did a lot of that at TFC.

Not going to get too worried about it yet.  He needs some time to settle in.  But he eventually needs to get more attacking drive if he wants to take the next step.  

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it, he has 200k followers who still have access to his page and his comments aren’t locked. Don’t know which fans would be hating on him. TFC fans probably understand that he didn’t have a future there with the Italians ahead of him, and CF Montreal fans are definitely not blaming him for the 10-1 GD over the last 3 games or whatever the number is now. 

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I doubt it, he has 200k followers who still have access to his page and his comments aren’t locked. Don’t know which fans would be hating on him. TFC fans probably understand that he didn’t have a future there with the Italians ahead of him, and CF Montreal fans are definitely not blaming him for the 10-1 GD over the last 3 games or whatever the number is now. 

Shockingly it seems like most TFC fans were sad to see him go.  TFC ownership and management set him up to be the whipping boy.  Says a lot about what fans thought of his growth, especially this season.