Diyaeddine Abzi

shamrock

See that his home club Pau has gotten 10 of the last 12 league points and are again close to the promotion playoffs, with 6 games left they are 2 points back.

I suspect he'll be sent back to Pau next year, as I don't see how with so few minutes anyone in Spain would pick him up, even in 2nd division, even if he was on a team promoting to top flight. 

Again, I am pretty sure that his salary is higher when on loan as the minimum in 2nd division must be higher than what he was getting at Pau.

• 1 month later...

Haven't seen him in a Leganés squad, dressed, since before Easter. He apparently asked for a personal leave, and I don't see he is back. Or he may be and is not making game-day. 

Lega is still leading Spanish 2nd, they have held up against many rivals. 

Look at how competitive this league is: with two games left, no direct promotion is decided, and no relegation. There are 5 teams vying to go up directly, 11 teams in total trying for promotion playoffs at least, then nos. 14-22 in the table can avoid relegation or fall into it.

Only two teams of 22 have nothing to play for on matchday 40.

Posted (edited)

Thinking that even though he has not been with the team for a month, if they promote he'll likely have a share in the promotion bonus. For a guy making a low salary at Pau in France and probably raised just to the minimum for 2nd division in Spain (93,000 euros/year), it'll be significant for his finances.

I don't know what salary was applied to him in France, but they start low for younger players and first contracts. I am just assuming this.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

19 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Leganés are promoted to Liga

Yes, they won the 2nd division on the last day. Really a superb campaign by them.

But no sign of Abzi since late March, they said he had personal motives to be absent, and does not seem to have returned. 

He goes back to Pau at the end of the month. They ended up firmly mid table. 

If he's smart he tries for another loan to another team in 2nd division Spain, and do it again.

56 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yes, they won the 2nd division on the last day. Really a superb campaign by them.

But no sign of Abzi since late March, they said he had personal motives to be absent, and does not seem to have returned. 

He goes back to Pau at the end of the month. They ended up firmly mid table. 

If he's smart he tries for another loan to another team in 2nd division Spain, and do it again.

He’s with the team celebrations but no clue if he was still training with the club

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Big_M said:

mutual termination with pau therefore a free agent...d2 was a step too high...pau saw that he was a liability defensively and he was out of the plans and barely got on the field with leganes

image.png.bef459b112ee08a47fc102dc5f1bc0e5.png

He played 32 matches for Pau in 22/23 and earned a loan to a higher level, the top D2 team in Spain. That doesn't suggest D2 France was above him to me. I suspect they just don't want to carry his salary and don't expect a fee for him

Edited by Aird25

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

He played 32 matches for Pau in 22/23 and earned a loan to a higher level, the top D2 team in Spain. That doesn't suggest D2 France was above him to me. I suspect they just don't want to carry his salary and don't expect a fee for him

I totally agree, it makes no sense. He was fine with Pau, otherwise he would never have gotten the loan to the team that won Segunda and promoted directly. He made a huge leap in quality and did get minutes. 

Does it actually say he was a defensive liability officially, or is that someone's interpretation?

To the point: if he can get on with even a modest team in Segunda that would be great. He'd ensure his minimum salary (over 100 thousand Canadian), much higher than in France 2, and would continue in a league he knows.

On 7/17/2024 at 9:32 AM, Dominic94 said:

Just seems like he didn’t get a fair shake 

He was behind Enric Franquesa in the depth chart, and that guy at RB was team of the year in Spanish 2nd (or on the 2nd all star team for some) on the team that won the league. So there's that. If EF had gotten injured for a month it may have changed a lot.

Then, he did get minutes, late in games, the first 2-3 months of the season, and then got injured in a critical moment, when the early rounds of the Cup came up. So he missed possibly 2 starts. After that, by January, he really did not get the minutes. The coach saw they were leading the league and went with a very short squad and gave few sub minutes out, and often late. 

He seems to have asked for a leave of absence around Easter for personal reasons, and after that disappeared. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist