OneSoccer

Foreen

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

I think you are both incorrect here. TSN showed very little of the previous Nations league. Only the semi-finals and final if I remember correctly. There were lots of complaints that they couldn't be watched in Canada.

The September matches, at least, were available in Canada directly on Uefa's website - which surely wouldn't have been done if anyone had purchased the rights.

I think you might have been thinking about the Euro qualifiers - which TSN does indeed stream. Which is odd, given how much of an inferior tournament compared to the nations's league, with few big matches in the qualifiers. How many minnows does one want to watch England, Germany, Italy, and Spain beat?

Would be great to see OneSoccer pick it up - but at least it's free for now.

TSN is listed as the Canadian rights holder for the UEFA Nations League, maybe that’s only certain rounds.

18 hours ago, nfitz said:

??? I couldn't see much at all on that dreadful website.

But I just typed "forge" into the search box ... it's the first hit:

https://www.tsn.ca/search/search-7.427283?q=forge

The point is that for a Canadian League, I shouldn't need to use the "search" menu to find articles about it.

The outrage is justified, they wrote the piece but made sure to bury it so people wouldn't find it readily.

That pettiness is f'n disappointing and another reason why we can't have nice things in this country. - We'll readily glorify everyone else and dream to be part of their "greatness" and be happy to be "noticed" by them once in a while "when they care to mention us" but we won't boost ourselves.

This is what annoys me the most about Canada - or is it a generational things that will pass when the next generation comes up. Not F'n normal

2 hours ago, fil said:

4fn300.jpg

TVA Sports have piece about WWE but CPL? They've never heard of it. When confronting the soccer journalists from RDS and TVA on social media, thy pass the blame to their bosses but they still never tweet about CPL. It's Impact -Henry - MLS - Europe and that's it.

Fine, but when we keep missing world cups, they are the 1st one to bitch about how Canada suck and there's no hope. Well, it starts by talking about Canadian soccer, not just 3 teams in MLS. If you inform people about how it works in the country and get them interested, more people will not only hold the CSA accountable which could trickle down to the rest of the pyramid but they might get involve and support ALL level of football.

That's how you build a football culture, that's how they do it in Europe. The actions of the FFF in France is ridiculously scrutinized and that's a good thing.

Here? Nothing, we talk about darts, wrestling, NCAA, bitch-slapping contest, poker and eSports but not the game. Fine but when Canada keeps falling short internationally, those journalists and media outlets needs to shut the F up about the criticism. Where were you to inform people about the game? Driving more interest to the game means more fans, more revenues for leagues and clubs meaning more resources to improve expertise, facilities and programs. At the pro level? better stadium, better players to expose our own talents for their growth.

That's my rant, but this pettiness among ourselves at all level is why we'll never reach our full potential.

So MediaPro outbids you for CPL, cry me a F'n river. Don't punish the league for it, report the damn league

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

TVA Sports have piece about WWE but CPL? They've never heard of it. When confronting the soccer journalists from RDS and TVA on social media, thy pass the blame to their bosses but they still never tweet about CPL. It's Impact -Henry - MLS - Europe and that's it.

shocked vince mcmahon GIFBecause TVA Sports gives money to Vince McMahon to show parts of RAW. 

Edited by Blackdude

I remember the first few years of TFC's existence, TSN was similarly dismissive in pretending MLS did not exist.  In those years, CBC had most of the rights with the leftover games on Sportsnet's regional channel and Gol TV.  Then TSN became a rights holder and poof, it's all over Sportscentre with press conference reaction and the whole 9 yards.  

I would love to know how much ESPN influences these decisions.  TSN is 33% owned by ESPN, hence all the coverage of Korean baseball, NWSL, WNBA and numerous other 2nd rate US content properties that ESPN happens to produce.

20 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

TSN is listed as the Canadian rights holder for the UEFA Nations League, maybe that’s only certain rounds.

Where are you seeing this? https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/0261-104769dcd706-e6bc951d84f5-1000--how-to-watch-nations-league/ listed the Canadian rights as not being sold (i.e. at https://www.uefa.tv/)

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

The point is that for a Canadian League, I shouldn't need to use the "search" menu to find articles about it.

I can never find anything on that dreadful site. It shouldn't require me to click seven times to see what's airing on TSN1-5 tomorrow afternoon.

I see no in indication that TSN isn't giving CPL the attention it deserves. So many false claims here ... the claim they have UEFA Nations League rights - completely false (other than perhaps 3 final games in the previous competition). The claim they never mention CPL on their website - completely false. The claim they don't have it on the TV channels - completely false.

Yeah ... it's a crappy website. And often the broadcast information doesn't match what is actually shown ... the number of times I've recorded the wrong TSN channel for something ... Sportsnet does seem to do better on that score ... though perhaps easier when you show the same thing on all your channels - LOL!

Edited by nfitz

On 9/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, nfitz said:

Where are you seeing this? https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/0261-104769dcd706-e6bc951d84f5-1000--how-to-watch-nations-league/ listed the Canadian rights as not being sold (i.e. at https://www.uefa.tv/)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_on_Canadian_television

I see now that it's up to date for the 2019-20 season.