OneSoccer

Foreen

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

Gas, per diem/honorarium, equipment to-and-from studio to venue, vehicle presumably for the staff to move that equipment and setting it up at venue. I get what you're saying but there's more to it than the commentators showing up to the venue.

The biggest expense is the production truck and equipment (and all the people required to make that work), and they would already have to be on-site anyway.

Adding the on-air talent and support staff/equipment is minimal by comparison.

10 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

Any reason to keep other than Friendlies in June? (I use it for OneSoccer access).  TSN has COPA? 

If Jonathan David ends up in EPL or Serie A, Fubo would be the best place to watch him.

I'm just going to cancel and go back to illegal streams.

Will get the One Soccer $90 subscription that is good until the end of the year. At least I will be able to still watch CPL, Voyageurs Cup and most National team games.

I will reevaluate in January. Maybe Fubo has a Boxing Day sale and I reconsider 

4 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

It's an odd time to jack the prices up after European soccer finishes. Looks like I'll go back to a direct OneSoccer subscription 

I checked a week ago and it was $220 per year.

Posted (edited)

I'm not that surprised. I expected for Fubo to jack up their prices. Starting to see this pattern on all these big subscription streaming services. Plenty of people are complaining that it's turning into cable TV. 

Fubo works well on my TV. I wouldn't mind paying more than OneSoccer for it and I have no interest in European soccer. I will likely go back to OneSoccer app. Though many will quit and sail the seven seas to plunder Fubo...

8s9vsk.jpg

8s9wi7.gif

Edited by fil

6 hours ago, Aird25 said:

It's an odd time to jack the prices up after European soccer finishes. Looks like I'll go back to a direct OneSoccer subscription 

I think it's roughly the time most people's subscriptions are up. I remember when they first got the EPL that they had a $100 for a year deal in June, so I'm assuming the timing is related to that.

I still have my One Soccer app. Was waiting to see if more Canadians join Serie A (David, Kone) before switching to Fubo. Looks like I'll just stick around now. I also have TLN which shows random Serie A matches on Sunday's.

7 minutes ago, johnyb said:

I still have my One Soccer app. Was waiting to see if more Canadians join Serie A (David, Kone) before switching to Fubo. Looks like I'll just stick around now. I also have TLN which shows random Serie A matches on Sunday's.

I miss TLN. Alberta Telus doesn't carry it.

Posted (edited)

UEFA Champions League Final on CBS/Univision/TUDN produced 3.62m viewers. P+ streaming viewers not included but CBS said it was the most streamed Final. So, in total, viewers were likely at least near 4m.

Top English tv markets were Nashville, Boston & Miami.

This was the most watched sports event on US tv on Saturday. It was higher than the 3m who watched Rangers/Panthers, 2.1m for MLB and 1.5m for WNBA.

Just after UEFA Champions League, USWNT v Korea friendly got 423k on TNT. 

In the evening, Concacaf Champions League Final got 678k on FS1/Unimas/TUDN.

MLS on Fox/FoxD got 341k on Sunday afternoon. MLS on Wednesday got only 34k on FS1.

Edited by red card

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix recently released their program viewing numbers for the second half of 2023.

Beckham was not only the top football series but it was the top sports series and 7th overall amongst non-movies. On an average viewers/episode basis, Beckham was #1 with 11 million per episode. One Piece was #2 with 8.9m.

The rest were largely legacy. Newly released Qatar World Cup focused Captains & FIFA Uncovered doc did breakthrough.

Views

Beckham

44m

Neymar: Perfect Chaos

1.4m

Captains of the World

1.1m

The English Game

1.1m

FIFA Uncovered

Captains

Sunderland ‘Til I Die

First Team; Juventus

Senzo: Murder of a Soccer Star

Matchday: Inside Barcelona

Football-Inspired Workouts for All

Boca Juniors Confidential

Maradona in Mexico

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/what-we-watched-the-second-half-of-2023

5 hours ago, narduch said:

I went to cancel my Fubo today and they offered me a quarterly rate of $50 which basically is the equivalent to what I was currently paying

Fubo automatically renewed me at $150 so I will stay on another year just for the feature of being to record games.  However, were I looking for a new subscription at $280, I'd have to say no thanks. 

26 minutes ago, ray said:

Fubo automatically renewed me at $150 so I will stay on another year just for the feature of being to record games.  However, were I looking for a new subscription at $280, I'd have to say no thanks. 

When was this? My subscription ends June 30. 

I paid $200 last year

19 hours ago, narduch said:

When was this? My subscription ends June 30. 

I paid $200 last year

I was automatically renewed at the end of May.  I initially signed up with Fubo two years ago at $150 and the subscription has been twice renewed at that price.  I don't generally like automatic renewals but in this case it has worked in my favour.

2 hours ago, ray said:

I was automatically renewed at the end of May.  I initially signed up with Fubo two years ago at $150 and the subscription has been twice renewed at that price.  I don't generally like automatic renewals but in this case it has worked in my favour.

I originally signed up at $99/yr as it was their first intro offer after announcing they have the rights for the Prem starting in the next season.

I have been twice auto renewed at $99/yr. Next renewal is February.

18 hours ago, red card said:

I originally signed up at $99/yr as it was their first intro offer after announcing they have the rights for the Prem starting in the next season.

I have been twice auto renewed at $99/yr. Next renewal is February.

Lucky bugger.

Edited by Cheeta

27 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I know Copa is on TSN and CTV2 but can someone explain to me why it's not on One Soccer? I must of missed out on the info.

Not sure what you mean?

Bell/TSN have the rights to Copa. Just like the World Cup.

Why would they share it with One Soccer?

29 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I know Copa is on TSN and CTV2 but can someone explain to me why it's not on One Soccer? I must of missed out on the info.

I don't really understand the question, but TSN purchased the rights to the tournament. OneSoccer doesn't hold them