Jayden Nelson

KW519

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2024 at 12:50 PM, dyslexic nam said:

After getting the start again today he had to get subbed out after 50 minutes when he tweaked his calf.   Sucks because he had just potentially regained his starting spot.   

I assume he is still injured.  

His team's second game back from a mini break but he doesn't show up on the team sheet or those injured.

• 2 weeks later...

He missed an "interesting" spectacle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13656849/Rosenborgs-clash-Lillestrom-abandoned-four-anti-VAR-protests-inside-30-minutes-fans-throw-flares-fish-cakes-pitch.html

Rosenborg's clash with Lillestrom is abandoned after four anti-VAR protests inside the first 30 minutes as fans throw flares and FISH CAKES on to the pitch

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13656849/Rosenborgs-clash-Lillestrom-abandoned-four-anti-VAR-protests-inside-30-minutes-fans-throw-flares-fish-cakes-pitch.html

Rosenborg's clash with Lillestrom is abandoned after four anti-VAR protests inside the first 30 minutes as fans throw flares and FISH CAKES on to the pitch

As an Islander, that seems like a waste of good fishcakes. 

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

So dumb. Like what? Let’s go back to no VAR and then we can all be happy about missed calls? 

VAR isn’t perfect but the complaints about it really just show you that you can’t satisfy everyone. It’s better than the alternative. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So dumb. Like what? Let’s go back to no VAR and then we can all be happy about missed calls? 

VAR isn’t perfect but the complaints about it really just show you that you can’t satisfy everyone. It’s better than the alternative. 

Thing about VAR is like buying a Ferrari, but installing a speed limiter at 50 km/h.  So much potential, but it's just wasted in its current form.  There is very little common sense applied in its usage and rules.  We've had it long enough to be able to fine tune the rules around it to make more sense.  That's why people are so frustrated.

On top of that, 3-4 minute reviews are just stupid.  It does not and should not take an experienced and trained professional that long to make a call.

I think Nelson could be effective in Marsch’s system. His ability to close down space is what struck me as his best attribute with TFC. He could be a pressing machine under Marsch. Needs to show more consistency but he’s not far behind our other wingers. 

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Thing about VAR is like buying a Ferrari, but installing a speed limiter at 50 km/h.  So much potential, but it's just wasted in its current form.  There is very little common sense applied in its usage and rules.  We've had it long enough to be able to fine tune the rules around it to make more sense.  That's why people are so frustrated.

On top of that, 3-4 minute reviews are just stupid.  It does not and should not take an experienced and trained professional that long to make a call.

No argument there. It can be better for sure. It shouldn’t take long and for damn sure the decision should be correct at the end. 

I also don’t think its application is correct in many instances. For example, Shaffelburg being fouled in the first match at the copa - wasn’t in the box so no pk given but come on.. it’s a free kick if you’re reviewing it and seeing a foul. 

6 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

The more automated VAR becomes the better it will be imo. Right now it's semi-automated.

How could VAR be more automated than it currently is? I am curious about what you mean here..

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

They are playing the best named team in Oslo, KFUM.  Also known as the YMCA with the change rooms across the street from the “stadium”.

Yeah I learned that last year and thought it was cool. Also the only pro team in Norway with Oslo in the name.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yeah I learned that last year and thought it was cool. Also the only pro team in Norway with Oslo in the name.

They are the only team in the top division in Oslo as well; the Obosligaen (2nd tier) has the Vålerenga, Lyn, and Stabæk.  That would be like having Leyton Orient as the only top division club in London.  

On 8/11/2024 at 11:39 AM, JamboAl said:

They are the only team in the top division in Oslo as well; the Obosligaen (2nd tier) has the Vålerenga, Lyn, and Stabæk.  That would be like having Leyton Orient as the only top division club in London.  

Basically the way things were in Paris before PSG was created.

I think one of those in Oslo went into administration and was forced down. 

Bradley coached Stabaek and they relegated. Adekugbe left Valerenga and they relegated. I am trying to find some reason why slighting anything Canadian dropped Lyn down. 

Seriously, there are some big cities that may not have a dominant team, and then the fan bases and clubs split what you would think is the dominant position the country's largest city should have. Then the tradition specifically in Norway has teams from the lesser cities dominating, like Rosenborg historically in Trondheim, or Bodo now. I think it is quite interesting, in Norway you could live in a small city of 30-40 thousand and get very good quality top flight football and even have the chance to win trophies.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Basically the way things were in Paris before PSG was created.

I think one of those in Oslo went into administration and was forced down. 

Bradley coached Stabaek and they relegated. Adekugbe left Valerenga and they relegated. I am trying to find some reason why slighting anything Canadian dropped Lyn down. 

Seriously, there are some big cities that may not have a dominant team, and then the fan bases and clubs split what you would think is the dominant position the country's largest city should have. Then the tradition specifically in Norway has teams from the lesser cities dominating, like Rosenborg historically in Trondheim, or Bodo now. I think it is quite interesting, in Norway you could live in a small city of 30-40 thousand and get very good quality top flight football and even have the chance to win trophies.

I was at Valerenga last year before they went down. Nice new stadium, awful team. Fans were jaded, wanted new owners, etc IMG_7281.thumb.jpeg.c8d59d35668c9a1705e6163008a263cf.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He did not get off the bench today as they beat Odd 1-3 away. Not sure his status, if he's fully fit, as it was 1-1 into the last half hour, and they only made 3 subs to get the win.

I've noticed he's been an unused sub in back-to-back games after coming off the bench in the game before that, so I think he's fit, just not being called on, and the team is finally getting results, so perhaps a matter of him just being patient for his chance once again. He's too talented not to get another opportunity.