Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Take these rumours with a pinch of salt but:

https://www.football365.com/news/transfer-gossip-atalanta-man-utd-crazy-offer-scalvini-inter-man-city-bournemouth-buchanan

MAN CITY, BOURNEMOUTH TO START AUCTION
Premier League sides Man City and Bournemouth are looking to bid for Club Brugge right-back Tajon Buchanan ahead of the January transfer window, according to reports.

Buchanan has provided two goals and two assists in 12 Jupiler Pro League matches this season with the 24-year-old attracting interest from a number of clubs around Europe.

Italian publication Calciomercato bring the news that Inter Milan ‘have their sights set on’ the Canada international with the Serie A outfit ‘working to bring forward the move in January’.

Club Brugge ‘have no intention of selling him off’ despite Buchanan ‘already giving his consent to move to the Nerazzurri’ with Man City and Bournemouth also ‘monitoring’ the situation.

With his contract expiring at the end of June 2025, Buchanan could be available for €12-13m with Inter and Club Brugge now ‘awaiting a lunge’ from the two Premier League clubs.

Inter are ‘working under the radar’ to get a deal done as they know Man City and Bournemouth have ‘financial resources currently higher’ than theirs.

16 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Apparently it’s close. Fee under €10M: I think the Revs have a sell on fee, so I don’t think Bruges actually made a profit off him? ...

Depends how you look at it. His performances for their first team have also been worth something to them and they also need to factor in that he could walk away on a free at the end of his contract so the optimal time to sell him on is either this window or the next one.

I guess that explains why Inter want a cheap replacement. Not going to break the bank if bankrptcy is in the cards.

But is this like how the CSA is "on the brink of bankruptcy", I wonder?

Either way, as much as I want the Inter move to happen, it makes me question if Benfica would be better? I know Liga NOS (do they still call it that) is nowhere near as strong as Serie A, but Benfica are arguably THE biggest team there. Like Porto, they are a strong candidate to get out of the CL group stage, or push for the Europa League if they drop down. And of course, they'll be competing for trophies. More than anything though, it could give Buchanan an easier transition. Just snooping around the Inter Subreddit and there were a few posters who aren't convinced Tajon is Inter quality. And honestly, I get that.

Now when it comes to Tajon, I definitely back him to succeed at Inter, because I sense he has the mentality to play at a club like that. It's just that some fans have flagged his performances at Brugge as being just "good" and not "great", which you'd obviously think he'd need to make such a big jump. Benfica would be a smaller jump and IIRC there are some La Liga teams monitoring him too, so maybe that's a better path in terms of what situation will give Buchanan the right combination of playing time vs. high level games vs. chance to win silverware. 

Ha.

Watching Inter because not much else is on and the English commentator mentioned the Buchanan transfer.

However it was hard to take him too seriously, as he was apparently trying to pronounce names "properly" and said it:

bewk - anan. 

I can attest that people in England are familiar with that name, it comes from just north of their border.

Anyway, he's getting mentions.

20 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Ha.

Watching Inter because not much else is on and the English commentator mentioned the Buchanan transfer.

However it was hard to take him too seriously, as he was apparently trying to pronounce names "properly" and said it:

bewk - anan. 

I can attest that people in England are familiar with that name, it comes from just north of their border.

Anyway, he's getting mentions.

I have this game on in the background and it's a great atmosphere. Fun match as well