Tajon Buchanan

nolando

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Even stoned out of my mind at least I can walk on a straight line touching my nose when it comes to world football, while being sober doesn't seem to help you Albion fan-boys spinning dizzy and spilling your spritzer.

I am an Albion fan boy?

Serie A was the biggest Euro league in Canada probably 25 years ago now. Aided by the fact that their matches were the most accessible.

Plus at that time the league basically had a big 7 set of clubs (Juve, Inter, AC Milan, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Parma). Lots of the best foreign players in the world were playing Serie A.

The EPL has surpassed it now. I don't think that's even debatable. Their massive TV deal being the main driver.

24 minutes ago, narduch said:

Serie A was the biggest Euro league in Canada probably 25 years ago now. Aided by the fact that their matches were the most accessible.

Plus at that time the league basically had a big 7 set of clubs (Juve, Inter, AC Milan, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Parma). Lots of the best foreign players in the world were playing Serie A.

The EPL has surpassed it now. I don't think that's even debatable. Their massive TV deal being the main driver.

EPL is obviously the biggest league by far- everything I said would apply if our guys ended up on one of the big British clubs. But I think TB going to Inter would put him at the biggest/most popular club in Canada as far as our pool of players go. Tajon at Inter creates more CANMNT fans than Davies at Bayern, or even Tajon at say, Brentford or something. Even with the David to Newcastle quasi rumour going around right now, I think Inter is more meaningful to Canadian soccer fans who don’t follow our national team than that. If David goes to Chelsea or somehow ends up at like Liverpool, then that’s a whole different level. Speculation of course.

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Shooting Star GIF

I was curious a while back why so many English clubs were called “Albion” and it turns out it’s an old name for England. It’s also why you have towns here named st. Alban, and also where Albany comes from. The origin of the name comes from an old Latin root word to reference hills/mountains. Interestingly enough, the Latin version of the word is Albania, and the modern country draws its name from the same Latin root. All of this is completely pointless knowledge, unless you find yourself at the world’s most specific, niche pub trivia night. 

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Even stoned out of my mind at least I can walk on a straight line touching my nose when it comes to world football, while being sober doesn't seem to help you Albion fan-boys spinning dizzy and spilling your spritzer.

Your deep dive into this prejudice seems to have...well...deepened as of late.

While it does make for some funny holiday posts, I hope all is well. Truly.

On topic, I would love to see Tajon in the Premier League, specifically as our right wing back under a different manager.

But more realistically, Inter would be a much better destination...as long as he plays.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

I think Villa makes some sense for how they play. They've had Konsa play RB mostly, but it seems against weaker teams they have Cash play there as the more attacking option (Cash is starting at RB today vs Sheffield United with Konsa at CB). They've also had Cash play as a RWB/RM at times, so if they sign Buchanan I think that would be the role -- versatile right sided player who fits in depending on the match up.

14 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Your deep dive into this prejudice seems to have...well...deepened as of late.

While it does make for some funny holiday posts, I hope all is well. Truly.

On topic, I would love to see Tajon in the Premier League, specifically as our right wing back under a different manager.

But more realistically, Inter would be a much better destination...as long as he plays.

If it's not the English it's the Argentines. There's always an enemy, apparently. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I was curious a while back why so many English clubs were called “Albion” and it turns out it’s an old name for England. It’s also why you have towns here named st. Alban, and also where Albany comes from. The origin of the name comes from an old Latin root word to reference hills/mountains. Interestingly enough, the Latin version of the word is Albania, and the modern country draws its name from the same Latin root. All of this is completely pointless knowledge, unless you find yourself at the world’s most specific, niche pub trivia night. 

"New Albion" was in consideration for Canada's official name at Confederation.

That would have put the cat amongst the pigeons for some...as the saying goes.

On the record: I am blown away about this possible move for Tajon to Inter, absolutely thrilled. Has to be the most important transfer in Canada history after Davies, and in there with Stalteri going to Spurs from Werder Bremen.

I too am a bit shocked by the interest, I mean, I can't gauge his week-in week-out at Bruges, but they are not really doing that well, it is not like he's killing it in Belgium.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

"New Albion" was in consideration for Canada's official name at Confederation.

That would have put the cat amongst the pigeons for some...as the saying goes.

British Columbia does pretty well the same thing, I'd say.

If folks keep dissing Inter in favour of some middling English team I'll resort to King Lear:

"Then shall the realm of Albion come to great confusion."

9 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1738254869847216246?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Another Fab tweet about TB to Inter- they also want Taremi, but Tajon is the priority. I don’t remember seeing this much buzz for a transfer outside of those young €100M players that get bought up by EPL clubs. It’s kinda strange considering at best, Tajon will be bought for like €12-15M.

There have been 17 transfers in football history which exceeded 100m Euros, 22 exceeding 90m Euros. Only 6 of 17, or 8 of 22, were fees paid by English clubs.

Given the way he started his professional career, and where he was 4 years ago, if this transfer goes through then IMO Tajon's meteoric rise will be second to none (bar Davies). Its crazy. Super excited for the guy.

If this goes through, you just know Inter will milk the Canadian fan base with being the only Serie A club with a Canadian in it. And man, their kits are nice.

4 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Given the way he started his professional career, and where he was 4 years ago, if this transfer goes through then IMO Tajon's meteoric rise will be second to none (bar Davies). Its crazy. Super excited for the guy.

If this goes through, you just know Inter will milk the Canadian fan base with being the only Serie A club with a Canadian in it. And man, their kits are nice.

There is a small but not unrealistic chance that 3 Canadians are playing for big Italian teams next year. Tajon at Inter, David at AC, and Kone at Bologna.

19 hours ago, narduch said:

Echo that. 

Viewer access is huge, especially was pre-streaming.  Still is of course but now its getting harder to find a pub or restaurant anymore that doesn't have access to what seems like everything.     

Have to admit I don't miss gate-crashing some ethnic club or dodgy pool hall to catch a bit of footie.  OK, maybe a little bit.  

2 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Agreement already in place per reports. Makes more sense with him being left out of the squad entirely.  

Edit : misread, agreement in principle with Buchanan, not team. Still good news.

IMG_4655.jpeg

As I posted previously CB already have younger replacements in their squad for RB. They will be motivated to sell, so the only issue for Inter is if other clubs start a bidding war.