Tajon Buchanan

nolando

This is such a bizarre situation to me. On one hand, it doesn't seem to me that Tajon was super dominant at Brugge that a transfer to frickin' Inter Milan (if it happens) makes sense; on the other hand, as we saw during the World Cup and WCQ, Tajon can be an absolute beast.

So, if Inter to buy Tajon, I bet it is a lot on his performances for Canada the last couple years!

#canadagoodforyourcareerdualnats :D

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

We keep hearing Inter, but they’re reporting that there are “complications”- I wonder if other clubs are driving up the price. Apparently Atletico was pretty close to getting him in the summer. Maybe he ends up there. 

I kinda feel like sitting him out is because they have a deal agreed, but it could just mean they know they will sell but its a matter of which club...

I think atletico would be a good fit too. @Unnamed Trialist... Thoughts?

21 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I kinda feel like sitting him out is because they have a deal agreed, but it could just mean they know they will sell but its a matter of which club...

I think atletico would be a good fit too. @Unnamed Trialist... Thoughts?

I think I had my say a few weeks ago on that, would have to retrieve it. 

But admit I haven't watched Atlético this year except vs. Barça, for me the only game we have played very well all year.

This is what I wrote in September, I forgot it was that long ago. not sure it is still relevant:

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

This is such a bizarre situation to me. On one hand, it doesn't seem to me that Tajon was super dominant at Brugge that a transfer to frickin' Inter Milan (if it happens) makes sense; on the other hand, as we saw during the World Cup and WCQ, Tajon can be an absolute beast.

So, if Inter to buy Tajon, I bet it is a lot on his performances for Canada the last couple years!

With him not renewing his contract, he's an absolute bargain at the prices being thrown around. I see it as a sort of no-reserve auction type of situation.

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think I had my say a few weeks ago on that, would have to retrieve it. 

But admit I haven't watched Atlético this year except vs. Barça, for me the only game we have played very well all year.

This is what I wrote in September, I forgot it was that long ago. not sure it is still relevant:

Thanks, 

My takeaway is that he will wont suit madrid as a fullback but would do extremely well as a wingback. In a 4-4-2 he surely is as creative as a guy like carassco? 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I don't watch Serie A (that'll have to change if he goes there), but maybe frickin Inter Milan are not the juggernauts of the past, and maybe the same is true for the other Italian teams. Musah and Pulisic walked into the AC Milan starting line up and the latter has 6 goals already. Juventus too are a shadow of what they were formerly. None of these clubs feel to me like they are in the City, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG tier. Maybe they aren't even in the Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, tier?

With this in mind, maybe Tajon to Inter seems less crazy? I mean, the other most recent links are Benfica and Aston Villa, so maybe in truth these are all roughly the same tier of club, seeing they are fighting over the same player? Ditto AC Milan vs Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't watch Serie A (that'll have to change if he goes there), but maybe frickin Inter Milan are not the juggernauts of the past, and maybe the same is true for the other Italian teams. Musah and Pulisic walked into the AC Milan starting line up and the latter has 6 goals already. Juventus too are a shadow of what they were formerly. None of these clubs feel to me like they are in the City, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG tier. Maybe they aren't even in the Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, tier?

With this in mind, maybe Tajon to Inter seems less crazy? I mean, the other most recent links are Benfica and Aston Villa, so maybe in truth these are all roughly the same tier of club, seeing they are fighting over the same player? Ditto AC Milan vs Newcastle.

Id say the teir list is 
S* Tier - city, RM 
S Tier - BM, PSG, Liverpool, Barca, Arsenal? 
A Tier - Inter, AC, Juve, Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, dortmund, spurs, atletico, Napoli
B - Ajax, Benfica, porto, AV (although on current form they could be higher...maybe), lille
C- CB 

Obviously theres a debate between current form vs sustainability vs projected future. 

Does Girona go above RM because of the standings...I dont think so because they havnt won the league yet and more importantly, havent sustained this over the long term or dominated Champs ever. I expect chelsea, newcastle and utd and barca to all push up another level. BM and PSG could as well but their squads just dont seem balanced enough to be elite. Take out kane and mbappe and they arent getting into S* 

Tajon to inter is a step up but I agree, its not to the very pinnacle. 

32 minutes ago, Obinna said:

But you are extremely biased in favour of EPL and your "analysis" is just, hey, I don't watch these teams, could not care less mostly, help me pay as little attention as possible, back to watching Brentford.

I don't know why you bother, really, it just seems lame. You are speculating on Juventus, for example, or Inter, but I think there is not even a comparison with PSG and Arsenal, neither of whom are even close historically to the big three Italian sides and have yet to prove much in the present either. 

A few weeks ago, in a thread where we were discussing world class teams, you laughably included teams coming last in their Champions League groups and are now eliminated, while discarding teams that were first (and now into the final 16). 

Sorry but it gets tiring when you feel you are discussing Magellan with the flat earth society.

25 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Id say the teir list is 
S* Tier - city, RM 
S Tier - BM, PSG, Liverpool, Barca, Arsenal? 
A Tier - Inter, AC, Juve, Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, dortmund, spurs, atletico, Napoli
B - Ajax, Benfica, porto, AV (although on current form they could be higher...maybe), lille
C- CB 

Obviously theres a debate between current form vs sustainability vs projected future. 

Does Girona go above RM because of the standings...I dont think so because they havnt won the league yet and more importantly, havent sustained this over the long term or dominated Champs ever. I expect chelsea, newcastle and utd and barca to all push up another level. BM and PSG could as well but their squads just dont seem balanced enough to be elite. Take out kane and mbappe and they arent getting into S* 

Tajon to inter is a step up but I agree, its not to the very pinnacle. 

It is absolutely pinnacle, you are just proving you have no clue. 

Any club with serious aspirations of getting into quarter finals or semis of Champions League and winning on a good year is pinnacle, I don't know what else would be.

And that, as we stand, is usually no more than 8-10 clubs in Europe. Internazionale is one of them. 

Would this board stop parading its ignorance for all to see, it is pathetic guys.

Are we actually arguing against one of our players going to Inter?

Can we all try to remember the days when we were happy Jaime Peters had a youth contract at Kaiserslautern? When Mark Watson signed in the Swedish first tier? When Robbie Aristodemo was fiiiiiiiinally going to get his big European break in Liechtenstein?

This is madness.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But you are extremely biased in favour of EPL and your "analysis" is just, hey, I don't watch these teams, could not care less mostly, help me pay as little attention as possible, back to watching Brentford.

I don't know why you bother, really, it just seems lame. You are speculating on Juventus, for example, or Inter, but I think there is not even a comparison with PSG and Arsenal, neither of whom are even close historically to the big three Italian sides and have yet to prove much in the present either. 

A few weeks ago, in a thread where we were discussing world class teams, you laughably included teams coming last in their Champions League groups and are now eliminated, while discarding teams that were first (and now into the final 16). 

Sorry but it gets tiring when you feel you are discussing Magellan with the flat earth society.

You're contradicting yourself. In one paragraph you're saying Arsenal (who is currently top of the table in the top league in the world), isn't superior to Inter or Juve because of history, and then in the next paragraph you're saying a club can't be world class because they just came last in their Champions League group. So which is it? History or recent success? Italian teams and Serie A in general are nowhere near their glory of the 90's. England has far surpassed Italy in terms of club and league success and financial power recently, and it's not remotely close. You're always calling people out for being biased towards to the EPL, but yet you seem to have a blind spot covering your own very obvious anti-England bias.

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Awesome...

For me, getting up early to watch Craig Forrest play for West Ham was my Canadian football life. I remembering being stoked when Carlo Corrazzin sighned for Northampton...

I think Tajon would be a great fit at Inter Milan. They usually play with a lot of attack from out wide. He might do better there than England. I fear he might not get a lot of minutes. Too many careers die amongst the stars there. He needs regular playing time.