Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 minute ago, frattinator said:

Same here, the pain from the fracture was much worse, but the ligament took much longer to come back from

Good for you coming back from a ligament injury. I can still play sport but nowhere near the level I was at before. Tajon should obviously receive the best care though 

19 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Didn’t Crepeau take 12 months to get back from a broken tibia?

If he’s back before New Years Day, I’ll be thrilled based on the information that has come out so far. 

Believe it was 8 months. Injury was november 5th 2022, he was back playing july 2023. 

9 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Believe it was 8 months. Injury was november 5th 2022, he was back playing july 2023. 

True, but he didn't make his first appearance with the first team until September, so 10 months.

I mean, regardless of timeframe, I just hope he makes a complete full recovery.  With an injury like this (or at least from how it sounds) that may not be a given...

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GasPed said:

True, but he didn't make his first appearance with the first team until September, so 10 months.

I mean, regardless of timeframe, I just hope he makes a complete full recovery.  With an injury like this (or at least from how it sounds) that may not be a given...

He was physically able to play professional soccer by mid July in mls next pro while being the backup on the bench for LAFC. I don’t think because he didnt start for LAFC until sept that it means the recovery took 10 months. 

Edited by king1010

2 hours ago, sose said:

They probably don't recommend him flying the day after surgery anyway.

Yeah flying after major surgery increases your risk of blood clots, which you definitely don't want. 

For those of you who watched the last season of Welcome to Wrexham (or just follows Wrexham), after Paul Mullins broke his ribs and punctured his lung during the team's pre season tour in the US, he had to rest in the US for several weeks before being medically cleared to fly back to UK.

Does anyone think having Tajon there could be a negative factor for players? I'm not trying to be nasty, just wondering what your mindset may be, it might instill a bit of fear going into a tackle and make you reticent to go in hard. It has to affect you psychology, and you probably need some work to get past it. You might be thinking how nice it would be to be home. Then if you're tight or cautious that opens you up to muscle issues. 

On the other hand, I think in a penalty round you could leverage it. 

6 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Not to be insensitive but have we discussed what's now going to happen down the right? Richie all game? Who comes in for him? No Tajon, no Hoilett...who's next up?

I think you have to start with Richie on the right (and Millar in front of Davies on the left). I'm sure Richie could go all game if needed, but you're right that there aren't a lot of good options beyond that. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

If I'm Inter, I'd still want to get him back to the club as soon as practical so that they can supervise his recovery.

I don't imagine the rehab at this stage is anything more than staring at a cast. The important stuff comes later

Edited by Aird25