Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Davies 1v1 is putting the ball in open space and running to it, and he's very successful at it.  I don't know if I've ever seen him use footwork.  Tajon uses tricks and footwork to get around people, not saying he's better, just different. 

So you've never seen Davies obliterating his defender with a cruyff turn, body feint, crossover or even a nutmeg? Half his goals at Vancouver came from him beating a guy off a dribble. And at Bayern, some of his most famous runs involve some incredible footwork. Where they defer is Tajon's ball control is tighter, and he is maybe more incisive, whereas Davies, especially when playing for Canada, is not.

1 hour ago, phresh said:

So you've never seen Davies obliterating his defender with a cruyff turn, body feint, crossover or even a nutmeg? Half his goals at Vancouver came from him beating a guy off a dribble. And at Bayern, some of his most famous runs involve some incredible footwork. Where they defer is Tajon's ball control is tighter, and he is maybe more incisive, whereas Davies, especially when playing for Canada, is not.

I'm sure Nelson Semedo will agree with you

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is exactly why I like Davies at LB.  He still attacks that LW space but he does it from a back position, hitting the space with speed and without someone who has been tasked with tracking him the whole way.  For me it is a more effective use of his skills - not to mention benefitting from his contributions on the defensive end of things.  The way Bayern used him last year really wasn’t much less in terms of contributing to the attack - it is just framed differently in terms of how it fits into the overall play.   

but is he commited defensively for Canada? Given that our CBs are the weak link, we really need our FBs to be solid defensively to shore up our CBs. That has always been my concern with Davies at LB or even at WB. We have seen that when Davies is stripped of the ball it is played directly to the space vacated by him and then it's a 1v1 with our LCB. To me, play 2 of AJ/Richie/Adekugbe at FB and tell them to focus on defense and let AD & TB go full out attack with minimal defensive responsibilities. 

I rewatched after seeing Movistar has a few feature Serie A matches, saw it on repeat this morning. The announcers knew exactly who he was, described him as light, fast, with quick movements, described his play for Bruges, his matches in group stage last year. I was quite impressed, everything was very positive about him. Then of course first touches are a save near the sideline, a couple crossovers beating his man into the box and a near penalty. I also heard the crowd noise much better, they really cheered him when he came on. 

I think it was a very exciting debut and it is great to see how many positive vibes there are around him and the team. 

13 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kanye West, who recently had Inter ultras sing the hook on his new song, has announced he too will be at the Inter-Atletico game this week. May also be there to watch Tajon get his first extended run, but let’s see.

Dance Party GIF by Nordisk Film - Vi elsker film

26 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kanye West, who recently had Inter ultras sing the hook on his new song, has announced he too will be at the Inter-Atletico game this week. May also be there to watch Tajon get his first extended run, but let’s see.

Barça has Spotify as a sponsor, and now, whenever they do a special edition shirt, like for the Stones, or Rosalia, we lose. 

I'd be disappointed if Kayne had any other effect, except that both teams can't lose.

4 hours ago, narduch said:

CBS picked up Inter v Atletico Madrid CL match tomorrow at 3pm ET.

Great news for cheap fucks like me that don't have DAZN

I'm such a cheap fuck that I don't have CBS🤣 i scrolled through Fubo and saw "Soccer" listed in the Inter-Atletico time frame on BEIN Extra and than I found a BEIN advertisement for the game on Youtube saying it will air on BEIN 1 English.

Here's hoping!

6 hours ago, narduch said:

CBS picked up Inter v Atletico Madrid CL match tomorrow at 3pm ET.

Great news for cheap fucks like me that don't have DAZN

Fellow cheap non-dazn subscriber here. Can I fire up the VPN and watch it on the CBS website or something? What platform is it on?

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

Fellow cheap non-dazn subscriber here. Can I fire up the VPN and watch it on the CBS website or something? What platform is it on?

It's a broadcast channel. 

Don't you have a TV with rabbit ears? :)

Edited by narduch

Rabbit eats (sic) wouldn't work unless he was near the border (70 mile range at best) if mounted on top of the house.  Don't believe any BS about a digital antenna or 100 mile plus ranges.  The old antennas from the 50s would do the job. What they sell now is the same thing with slight improvements.  Any distance longer than 75 miles you run into curvature of the earth.

If you're close enough to a transmitter a paper clip or beer can would work.

Just my luck, I was watching Golazo! on Pluto TV US.  Almost the minute Tajon transferred to Inter they DRMed the channel.  DRM is a much stronger encryption than geoblock.  The game will likely be on Golazo if you can get it.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

You can try that on Pluto TV and Golazo! but I think it is DRMed.  If you use a gimmick Pluto will open in the US version, if you don't it will open the Canadian version. 

Of course I would never sanction attempting something like trying to view another country's media.  That's like something they might try in Nazi Germany.

1-0.

Have to say, a very high quality hard fought game, each team had their moments. You can see if Inter can't run and does not move pieces forward quickly they struggle, they dominated but are not as good in more static play, and Atlético had parts of the game where they held them well. 

On the return should be another good one, hope Tajon can get his minutes but that squad is so deep.