Tajon Buchanan

nolando

48 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They might think he can play, but evidence shows they will pay that much for insurance. Example: Valentino Lazaro, bought for 22.4 million Euros in 2019 at 23 yrs old, played a total of 423 min for Inter in 2019/20,  then did the loan merry-go-round for four seasons before being sold for 4 million to Torino. Still not the worst thing in the world, he played for some good teams on loan, made some good money I'm sure, but would not be the outcome we're all hoping for. 

I think a loan is a probable outcome if Dumfries doesn't get sold in the summer.

If Cuadrado was 3 or 4 years younger this move probably never would have happened, but as it were he likely doesn't have that much left in the tank at 35. Still, even at that age he, plus Darmian plus Dumfries would be enough to send Tajon away on loan next season.

The good news is that Darmian and Cuadrado aren't young enough to play another 3-4 seasons, sending Tajon on the loan merry-go-round in the event of a Dumfries extension.

But that said, this is Inter Milan. There's always the chance some up-and-coming Italian gets scooped up, adding further competition.

I guess in summary I would say we just have to hope Dumfries moves on in the summer. Until then, I am expecting 7-10 Serie A appearances from now until then, and maybe he gets into a UCL match. That's my best case scenario at the moment, which I feel is both fine and realistic. What say you guys?

1 hour ago, narduch said:

On the bench v Juventus. 

Only on Fubo. Don't see it on TLN's schedule 

This would be a huge game for him to get in. A true trial by fire, biggest of matches and opponents. Fingers crossed.

I had Buchanan pegged for 7-10 Serie A matches this season. Gonna drop that down to 4-7. 

If Inter really start to pull away, it'll help I think.

In the meantime, he's at a World Class club, one that I questioned whether they were of the standard of the likes Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca etc. No question in my mind now they belong in that tier, if not the Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City tier. And it's great to have a player in that environment, even if he hasn't managed to play yet. 

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

They have Champions League mid week, so maybe he gets his shot in the league soon

Yeah hopefully. The issue is, he’s #3 at his position. Minutes are already being split between Darmian and Dumfries so it’s not like they need to give those guys more rest. Hopefully he earns minutes soon though.

53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I read that until Tajon picks up some Italian, they won’t play him?  Or did I dream that somewhere?

Something like that.   Communication issues raised in an article.  Doubt there's anything more to it that a talking point in a footie rag.

Probably posted here a few pages back.

13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Did I read that until Tajon picks up some Italian, they won’t play him?  Or did I dream that somewhere?

Did you see that video, Boateng, where he goes to AC Milan from England, is calling for the ball in play, and Pirlo comes up and tells him not to. It would sort of contradict that report about language (apart from being a great anecdote)