Tajon Buchanan

nolando

I see they've changed that foreign bonus rule in Italy, which was an incentive to sign top foreigners, who paid less taxes, and some say hurt Italian youth development from within clubs.

Could potentially hurt what Tajon would take home after taxes and force more contract negotiations.

This Guardian article contextualizes talking about young Italians playing for la Fiore.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/jan/01/serie-a-italy-decreto-crescita-fiorentina-luca-ranieri

Sport today in Barcelona reports that the add-ons to the fee take it over 10 million (performance/appearance bonuses paid to Bruges), explained how the transfer would be paid (over a period of years), and says his salary would be in the area of 1.5 million euros after taxes. 

I think that makes him the fourth highest paid CMNT player, he is around the same as David behind Davies and Larin.

37 minutes ago, Canuckia said:

Agreed. I set Inter matches to record a couple of days ago, 😀

Inter drew Atletico in Champions League.  If all goes well the man should be bedding into the lineup by end of Feb.  (Fingers and toes crossed!)  LOL.  You won't be watching that one on Fubo though.

A million-five, net taxes, not too bad eh?  What's the median average in the EPL these days?  Probably around 2M?

Where does this rank in terms of both former MLS and former NCAA player transfers in terms of team size? I know a few keepers ended up in the premier league, but after Davies to bayern, and I guess McKennie who came through the Dallas system and eventually ended up at Juve, I can’t really think of many bigger teams guys from this neck of the wood ended up at. 

31 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Inter drew Atletico in Champions League.  If all goes well the man should be bedding into the lineup by end of Feb.  (Fingers and toes crossed!)  LOL.  You won't be watching that one on Fubo though.

A million-five, net taxes, not too bad eh?  What's the median average in the EPL these days?  Probably around 2M?

Yeah, exciting times! A quick google search says Serie A average is 2-3M euros while EPL is over 3M pounds (close to 3.5M euros) What's the best way to watch Champions league these days?

43 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

It was precisely the two matches vs. Atlético, last season in the Champions group stage, more than any other games he's played, that gave him this upside. I am not sure how many here saw them. The first Bruges won 2-0, Tajon was right midfield, facing Carrasco and Reinildo ex-Lille behind him. Played very defensively, then very judiciously went forward when he could. For me the definitive Tajon club performance, admittedly I am not watching regular Belgian league games.

The following week it was scoreless in Madrid, Tajon played Left Back (!!!), subbed out with a few minutes left after a Bruges striker took a red. In that game Correa attacked down his side and then Cunha and Morata subbed on as Atlético looked for the win. The Bruges keeper stood on his head. 

14 minutes ago, nolando said:

Almost five years ago to the day that we started this thread. 

Screenshot_20240102_075729_Chrome.jpg.9d5f6eb41337f5c644d207766fcda0e8.jpg

I would encourage everyone to go back to page 1 and read this article. It tells you a lot about him and his incredible determination to pursue his soccer career despite a lot of challenges. How was this guy missed by 3 Cdn MLS teams and the CSA at the youth level despite him playing with Sigma? 

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Almost five years ago to the day that we started this thread. 

Screenshot_20240102_075729_Chrome.jpg.9d5f6eb41337f5c644d207766fcda0e8.jpg

Amazing to see how far he's come in such a short amount of time. In 2019 he would have been ~20 years old into the draft, which gives hope for someone like Kimani Stewart-Baynes going through the SuperDraft, being highly drafted but being 2 years younger (unless I'm mistaken). Obviously a lot more goes into succeeding, but fingers crossed he can follow the blueprint Buchanan has developed.

2 hours ago, Canuckia said:

Yeah, exciting times! A quick google search says Serie A average is 2-3M euros while EPL is over 3M pounds (close to 3.5M euros) What's the best way to watch Champions league these days?

You mean aside from day drinking down at your local?  DAZN, not the cheapest ($200 ish annually I believe) but rarely catch me complaining about the signal.  No PVR function included like Fubo but they usually have the matches up for a week or so.  Thats plenty of time to get in games on my B list.  Well, most weeks anyway.  

Was interesting reading the exit interviews of CB supporters on reddit. Most thought he was only okay, had some nice flashes, wouldn't win you the game, and was mostly grumpy all the time. So definitely offered CB less than he offers Canada by the sounds of it. Hopefully he can rise to the occasion at Inter and make his mark.