Tajon Buchanan

nolando

On 8/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, SoccMan said:

I get it but compare Tajon to some of these other young international players that are playing in the MLS right now who have come from and played in some good leagues in Brazil and Argentina. Compare those players with what Tajon is doing and it’s not even close . Tajon is doing much better than all of these young internationals in the MLS who have played in some good leagues in South America . Who would you rather take right now TFC’s young international Soteldo who played a lot of games in Brazil’s top league or Tajon who has only played pro in MLS? Tajon for me it’s not even a question. I realize that these European teams might be looking at the fact he has only MLS pro experience, but he is outplaying all these other young MLS internationals who have pro experience in other leagues. 

To be fair, I think Solteldo is a good player. You don’t get the #10 for Santos being a slouch. That said, his fit with TFC is questionable. He wants to be the dominant force on offence and have everything run through him when the team already has Pozuelo. A player like Tajon that is far more direct and works hard off the ball would have been a better fit for TFC.

Is Tajon outright more valuable that Soltedo? I’m not sure. He’s very, very good but different in what he offers. Also has the benefit of playing with a more balanced team.

https://www.hommedumatch.fr/articles/exclus-hdm/mercato-tajon-buchanan-finalement-a-chelsea_2578191

I hate posting rumours.  And, i dont know how credible that site is.  But, take it for what its worth, thats a piece from yesterday that says Chelsea submitted a 9.5 euros offer

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

https://www.hommedumatch.fr/articles/exclus-hdm/mercato-tajon-buchanan-finalement-a-chelsea_2578191

I hate posting rumours.  And, i dont know how creditble that site is.  But, take it for what its worth, thats article from yesterday that says Chelsea submitted a 9.5 euros offer

I love posting rumours. Leave that shit to me.

7 hours ago, Free kick said:

I hate posting rumours.  And, i dont know how creditble that site is.  But, take it for what its worth, thats article from yesterday that says Chelsea submitted a 9.5 euros offer

Seems highly unlikely. There would be a real risk of being buried on that depth chart so I hope it isn’t true.

1 hour ago, JuicyHam said:

He would absolutely be going out on loan if Chelsea bought him. Chelsea just like to collect players. They had something close to 35-40 players on loan last season 

I'm pretty certain he goes out on loan, but everyone thought that would be the path for Davies for several years when he went to Bayern.  Have faith in the player and his ability to find his way into the side.  This would be a complicated one as the player has to have some sense of where he's landing, but 9.5 mil Euro is a lot for the Revolution.  

On-Loan Players | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club (chelseafc.com)

10 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

I'm pretty certain he goes out on loan, but everyone thought that would be the path for Davies for several years when he went to Bayern.  Have faith in the player and his ability to find his way into the side.  This would be a complicated one as the player has to have some sense of where he's landing, but 9.5 mil Euro is a lot for the Revolution.  

On-Loan Players | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club (chelseafc.com)

Davies was also an 18 year old prodigy, and while Tajon is a REALLY good player, Davies is in a league of his own; among the elite of the elite for his age group. However, I wouldn't even mind seeing Tajon on a good Championship side fighting for promotion, but I'm still convinced the best fit for him would be a mid table Bundesliga team.

Edited by LeoH037

We were using him as a right wingback.  I wonder if they are looking at him as a potential right back.  I also wonder if it's possible we actually under rate Tajon's abilities. The idea of the type of side he should or shouldn't go to.  He doesn't have to be as good as Davies and a best 11 in the world to get into a higher level club and find minutes.  I mean look at that goal.  Even the celebration afterwards.  This kid has some special athleticism and pace.  I'm not going to suggest he can't find his way into a top 7 Premier league or Bundesliga club and find minutes.  He might just be that good.

I'm not sure there's much in this rumour either.

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1428151855662526466?s=20

Edited by prairiecanuck

26 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Tajon is out of the AllStar game and on a plane to somewhere.

Look at the ceiling of the plane on that picture.  You will note that that plane is narrowbody since the luggage bins are very close together like on a regional jet.  Since you cant fly to europe on a regional jet or narrowbody, it means he is not traveling to europe.   😃

elementary my dear Watson.

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Look at the ceiling of the plane on that picture.  You will note that that plane is narrowbody since the luggage compartments are very close together like on a regional jet.  Since you cant fly to europe on a regional jet or narrowbody, it means he is not traveling to europe.   😃

I'm going to sound like a real douche here, but bear with me.

That's a United Polaris seat. Those planes fly only internationally, unless it's Newark <-> SFO/LAX or SFO <-> HNL. The overhead on the right is the middle of the plane's overhead. He's tilted towards the middle because he's in an even numbered row, seat A. Boston Logan does not have any international routes via United, so he would have had to connect somewhere (likely EWR). From there, there are many routes with United Polaris seats, including London, Paris, and Frankfurt.

I (used to) fly United for business far too often.

13 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Look at the ceiling of the plane on that picture.  You will note that that plane is narrowbody since the luggage compartments are very close together like on a regional jet.  Since you cant fly to europe on a regional jet or narrowbody, it means he is not traveling to europe.   😃

Entertaining but it could be the second floor of a double decker plane, which flies to Europe. Could also be a connecting flight.

If he's signing for a club in Europe he doesn't necessarily need to even go over there. IIRC Davies did not fly to Germany prior to signing... I think he went to NYC. I could be wrong on that though.

30 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Entertaining but it could be the second floor of a double decker plane, which flies to Europe. Could also be a connecting flight.

If he's signing for a club in Europe he doesn't necessarily need to even go over there. IIRC Davies did not fly to Germany prior to signing... I think he went to NYC. I could be wrong on that though.

I put my funny hat on and lit up a pipe.   I have to dismiss this theory.  There are vitually no more double decker AC’s in service except the A380.  And they only go to the middle east.   If it were a connecting flight then it would have to be a cheap club that that is too cheap to pay for direct flight.  Thats note the case with first div clubs.  

and if it were a flight to New York, which is reasonable.  Then it would make more sence to go on Amtrack if its BOS-NYC

Edited by Free kick

34 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

That's a United Polaris seat. Those planes fly only internationally, unless it's Newark <-> SFO/LAX or SFO <-> HNL. The overhead on the right is the middle of the plane's overhead. He's tilted towards the middle because he's in an even numbered row, seat A. Boston Logan does not have any international routes via United, so he would have had to connect somewhere (likely EWR). From there, there are many routes with United Polaris seats, including London, Paris, and Frankfurt.

Some good reasoning there Sherlock.   Again having to take a connecting flight would anger and turn off any business traveler.  Not a good way to get off on the right right foot with a new employee.

but to your point, Sherlock,  note the in-flight-entertainment.  There is no in flight entertainment on regional jets.  Hmmmm.  Maybe i will go smoke another pipe.

by the way,  how can you tell its a United flight?

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Some good reasoning there Sherlock.   Again haveping to take a connecting flight would anger and turn off any business traveler.  Not a good way to get off on the right right foot with a new employee.

by the way,  how can you tell its a United flight?

I've been on those United Polaris flights many, many times. Which is why I know it's an even numbered row A seat. Rookie move - always go odd number A or L on the Polaris flights.

BTW, as to KJ's tweet, there is also a direct Newark - Brussels United Polaris route.

50 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Look at the ceiling of the plane on that picture.  You will note that that plane is narrowbody since the luggage bins are very close together like on a regional jet.  Since you cant fly to europe on a regional jet or narrowbody, it means he is not traveling to europe.   😃

It could have three luggage bins. 

image.jpeg.ca3ee433352a313b7f165aaef39b81f1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

It’s definitely a wide body.  The angle of the roof between isles is going down and to the right, in a narrow body it would be going down on both sides.

That’s definitely a United Airlines Polaris aircraft.

Alright  i concede. Its widebody UA  Is anyone willing to look at the flight time table for Flights from United out of Boston from this morning and determine the distinations.  

BTW. European bound flights usually leave in the evening.

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Alright  i concede. Its widebody UA  Is anyone will to look at the flight time table for Flights from United out of Boston from this morning and determine the distinations.  

BTW. European bound flights usually leave in the evening.

It was 19 hours ago so yesterday evening. 

55 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

This is awesome.  Well done. 

Except that you are COMPLETELY OFFBASE about seat A, since he is beside seat L.  :) 

image.png.cf39e8fcb6a5213e6e830adc699e3eb5.png