Tajon Buchanan

nolando

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Love seeing City and Arsenal in the same group. Have been the top 2 in England for a while now, so we get to see how they fare against a different set of teams. Also love Leverkusen getting a shot against these big boys, they should be pushing for the top 3 here.

Leipzig best of the rest? Curious to see how Monaco fare as well.

Edit: We'll also get to see just how good Inter are, going up against City, Arsenal and Leverkusen. They should be fighting for top 2, good for a direct spot in the knockouts.

I was confused for a second, I should add that Leverkusen won't play City, City won't play Arsenal, and Arsenal won't play Inter, even though Inter will play all 3.

This new format will take a while to sink into my noggin.

It's not about finishing top 3 or 2 or whatever, there aee no groupings, just a schedule unique to every team, but in theory each team's schedule is weighted based on their own strength, if that makes sense.

All that matters is that you finish top 8. Failing that, you must finish from 9th to 24th to get a second chance at the round of 16. Anyone below 25 is out. Think of it as a giant table.

35 minutes ago, frmr said:

The fact that humans are generally programmed to dislike change aside, I actually don't mind this format. It's confusing, yes and at first glance seems needlessly convoluted, but it does make for a lot more variety in the group stages and will actually probably be a better fan experience.

Close to my thoughts exactly on the variety.

Nice doing home and away and building some rivalry but lots of interesting matchups in this.

Removing the home and away as well as every team having a completely unique match up schedule makes this feel like a poor way to truly determine the best teams, but as others have mentioned, there are a lot of really interesting matchups here, and at least for our guys like David and especially Johnston, it avoids them getting into a particularly difficult group and just getting completely washed. Each of our players playing champions league should have no trouble pulling off a few wins and looking great against some of these teams.

Particularly interested in seeing Jonathan David’s goal total after these 8. For a guy whose main criticism is that he doesn’t do it against the top teams, here’s 8 teams of varying quality he’ll have a shot against. Good measure of where he’s at as he enters his peak. 

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

It is a lot of games to remove just 8 teams. There will certainly be lots of uncertainty on the last match day for some, but almost no jeopardy for most. It will be interesting to see how it goes. 

I suppose. I see it as 8 games to remove the top 8 teams from the field, but it's also to remove the next best 16....

Thus it's really 8 games for 24 of 36 teams, so there is quite a lot at stake, no?

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Inter has the same squad as last season. No tranfers for any of the starters or main subs, including Dumfries. It's going to be tough for Tajon to get mins when he gets back from injury and missing out of preseason. 

I'm encouraged that Inter didn't go and pick up someone else in Tajon's position.

42 minutes ago, masster said:

This is mark of respect and this is mark of trust from Inter towards Tajon.

Inter likes Tajon. And Tajon likes Inter.

Edited by ahmedou

35 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

''BREAKING: Tajon Buchanan's return from injury is expected much sooner than initially thought. At first, the wingback was set to be out until Christmas. Now, Inter expects the Canadian international to join group training in early October.''

💪🔜

Can you post a link or a source for this sort of information?

On 9/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, ahmedou said:

''BREAKING: Tajon Buchanan's return from injury is expected much sooner than initially thought. At first, the wingback was set to be out until Christmas. Now, Inter expects the Canadian international to join group training in early October.''

💪🔜

Just occurred to me that BREAKING is an unfortunate way to tell that piece of news.