Tajon Buchanan

nolando

3 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

huh?

From what's reported, it sounds like it was a tackle made by a teammate.

Tajon has a career to think about and just made it to Inter, who having purchased the player may also not be happy with Marsch and the intensity of the training.

Hell even if it is no one's fault, people can react poorly and uncharacteristically when stuff like this happens, and then others take sides and it grows into a bigger problem. So all I was trying to say was that I'm hoping everyone sees it simply as a freak accident that occurred as a result of everyone working towards a shared goal,  and we don't get into blaming and in-fighting.

Or maybe I'm dead wrong and it's used as motivation and propels us to a copa final!

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's can play outside and inside. Last year played inside for Vancouver and that's where he played for Canada. This year he's played outside. 

I think he is better on the left where he can cut inside onto his stronger right foot.  The big plus with him is that he really likes to drive towards the penalty area on the dribble but can dish it off like a b-ball point guard.  

Posted (edited)

I had a double fracture (tibia and fibula) that required surgery, took me about 6 months before I stepped back on the pitch again. Obviously I was not (and never will be) a professional athlete, so he would have access to much better rehab facilities than I did, but I don't imagine him anywhere in game shape until 2025 (especially since I couldn't start doing the most basic PT until almost 3 months after the injury). 

Edited by frattinator

5 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Lots of reports of broken tibia, out 4 months coming out. I feel like that definitely could have been worse, fingers crossed for a quick recovery

Given the severity of the initial reports this is honestly almost as close to a best case scenario as possible. At least no soft tissue issues. 

What I can do as a canadian fan is to order his inter milan jersey right now. It's the best way for me to SUPPORT him.

I really hope he'll be comeback more STRONGER than EVER.

1 hour ago, Addona said:

What did Josh Simpson break?

Compound tibia and fibula.  Just like Max, Alex Smith, Paul George, etc.  Some have come back better than ever, some have not.  Really hope Tajon's injury is not that.  🥹

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Since we have not been hearing compound or fibula at all, probably safe err on the side of optimism.

Maybe.  But the somberness of the team, the fact they cancelled practice, the ambulance, etc. - these are not good signs.

You have to feel for Tajon. The signs seem to point to a longer term injury. I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he can fully find his previous form.

Are Canada able to call in a replacement for this tournament though? Maybe someone like Raposo or Borges who are already nearby.

12 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

You have to feel for Tajon. The signs seem to point to a longer term injury. I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he can fully find his previous form.

Are Canada able to call in a replacement for this tournament though? Maybe someone like Raposo or Borges who are already nearby.

Borges Olimpico to send us into the semis is going to hit like crack.

Really worried about this injury. The team is posting about him like he died, and if he misses significant time at his club, it might be game over to make it at the Inter level. Still young, so hopefully he makes a quick recovery. 

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Borges Olimpico to send us into the semis is going to hit like crack.

Really worried about this injury. The team is posting about him like he died, and if he misses significant time at his club, it might be game over to make it at the Inter level. Still young, so hopefully he makes a quick recovery. 

I think it depends on the injury. Having suffered both, ligaments are questionable but bones heal

Devastating for Tjon and for the team.

Freak accidents happen.  But ligament sprains and tears are more freak-like - wrong positioning, awkward twist, falls in unnatural positions, etc.  Breaking a bone is more blunt force.

Feel bad for whoever caused it - they won't be in a proper head-space for a while either.