Tajon Buchanan

nolando

19 minutes ago, frmr said:

Some rumours on reddit of an MRI and a pop sound being heard. Doesn't sound good.

yikes..could be a ruptured achilles if so. Hate to speculate but that would be a big setback

Edit: Now being reported it's a tibia injury which is generally a pretty good recovery and would be good news relatively speaking

Edited by Floortom

1 minute ago, mpg_29 said:

I guess this means Layrea is definitely starting and probably going the full 90?

Could mean more of Shaffleburg and Millar too. Injuries suck, but all 3 of these guys have stepped up this tournament, so we don't have any worries. It's a loss to not call upon a guy like Tajon, but we have depth here. 

We haven't seen Ali Ahmed yet. Does he get a little closer to game action now?

4 minutes ago, pod818 said:

If its a fracture to his shin bone (tibia), this could be the best case scenario. He would be out for awhile, but should fully heal

I don't know obviously because I wasn't there, but pro players often (always?) train without shin guards on, and I can't help but wonder if this was the case here. 

14 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Is Ahmed a winger?...thought he was more in more of central role. 

I guess it may require some formation changes?

He's can play outside and inside. Last year played inside for Vancouver and that's where he played for Canada. This year he's played outside. 

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I think what is being said is that Crepeau looks totally back, despite how long it took.

I look instead at injuries like Del Piero, who was never quite the same. 

Crepeau does look great - a credit to him, the professionals who worked on/with him, and his lucky stars.

But there are quite a few who suffer that kind of injury who never come back to the same level.  Really really hope it's not that serious.  🥹