Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Just now, Floortom said:

When was the last time he was a hero? Honest question - I can’t remember him playing particularly well in quite a long time 

He was one of our best players at the World Cup, including the assist on Davies' goal. It got him a move to Inter. Also his goal against Mexico at the Azteca. Just off the top of my head. But yes, he needs to improve his consistency with Canada for sure.

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

When was the last time he was a hero? Honest question - I can’t remember him playing particularly well in quite a long time 

If the World Cup is quite a long time ago, I agree.

For the neutrals in the UK, he was our best player then.

Club situations have not been great since then.  Why the first consideration when we make transfer wishes should be if players are going to play. 

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

I said this in the game thread, the bigger problem for Tajon is that he was an attacker in MLS and is basically being used as a defender in Europe.

It has made him not as sharp on the attacking side now

He has had opportunities to attack, you look at their other wingbacks and their stats.  And he has come on when they were killing teams a lot of the time. 

Just not enough minutes full stop, for me. 

45 minutes ago, frmr said:

He was one of our best players at the World Cup, including the assist on Davies' goal. It got him a move to Inter. Also his goal against Mexico at the Azteca. Just off the top of my head. But yes, he needs to improve his consistency with Canada for sure.

That was Osorio. 

Weird rumour about Tajon's left side at Inter

https://www.interlive.it/2024/06/19/emerson-palmieri-e-20-milioni-milan-al-tappeto-se-linter-accetta/

Emerson Palmieri e 20 milioni: Milan al tappeto se l’Inter accetta

Il West Ham potrebbe giocarsi la carta dell’ex calciatore della Nazionale Italiana come contropartita per l’affare Carlos Augusto ma ingaggio alto per l’Inter, il Milan osserva risvolti sull’erede di Theo

Basically West Ham are offering Emerson Palmieri, plus cash, for Carlos Augusto, the player that is ahead of Buchanan in the race to back up DiMarco on the left side. (Unfortunately Tajon doesn't even get a mention when the writer outlines the situation)

Emerson could also go to Milan to suceed Theo Hernandez.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Let's find out what happened, but I'll just say that in some of the training videos they posted I was a bit shocked at the intensity of the challenges (one in particular, can't remember in which video).

Let's hope this doesn't cause any fractures (pun not intended) within the group if he was injured by someone else, and issues between our national team and the player's club teams. I cant imagine Inter will be happy

Edited by kingvikingstad

Posted (edited)

Fuck man, worst possible news right now. I’d like to stay positive but that sounds bad, hoping for a speedy recovery. Only positive news we can take out of this is hopefully the boys play for Tajon and go to another level.

Edited by Jack1997

2 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Fuck man, worst possible news right now. I’d like to stay positive but that sounds bad, hoping for a speedy recovery. Only positive news we can take out of this is hopefully the boys play for Tajon and go to another level.

I doubt this will improve the mindset/training a few days before the game....