Tajon Buchanan

nolando

The way he was appearing at the far post, I thought he might score. Certainly if that is the role, LWB to LW, he'll end up scoring. If he gets minutes. 

What's interesting is here we were thinking he was the replacement for Cuadrado, or was behind Pavard or Dumfries on the right, and they put him on the left where he might actually get more playing time. 

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hard to judge a whole lot from what was essentially an attack v. defence drill.

Other than he still great on the ball.

Agreed, very weak rival. Too bad we might not get to see him vs. a strong rival that soon. It sort of pisses me off, because he looked perfectly fine out there and any nerves I had vanished with his first touches.

The Atlético-Inter matchup is looking to be the toughest and most interesting of the CL round of 16, thinking what we just saw this week was pretty ho-hum. Hope he can get minutes there.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

32 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Highlights of his debut for those of us (including myself) who missed it happening live.

Man I love Tajon from the left, be it winger or wing back. I don't know why you'd play him on the right, honestly. Just looks so much more threatening and confident. He's not bad on the right, mind you....

Davies and Tajon inverted. This is the way....

Edited by Obinna

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Man I love Tajon from the left, be it winger or wing back. I don't know why you'd play him on the right, honestly. Just looks so much more threatening and confident. He's not bad on the right, mind you....

Davies and Tajon inverted. This is the way....

Just finished watching the Mandalorian season 3 yesterday. 

And this is game 1!!!
Anybody who's watched Tajon play consistently, cannot confidently say he should be playing at RB or LB for Canada or with Millar, Corbeanu, or whoever you think could go in front of him. It's insane.
Anybody who says differently now, I'm just going to troll and reply and say "Okay Benito Floro".

We have never produced players like him or Davies. (challenge me if you think else)
This guy's confidence, swagger, and 1v1 abilities are the best in the country by far. 

1 game cool...but I've been adding coal to his train from day 1.

8 hours ago, Shway said:

And this is game 1!!!
Anybody who's watched Tajon play consistently, cannot confidently say he should be playing at RB or LB for Canada or with Millar, Corbeanu, or whoever you think could go in front of him. It's insane.
Anybody who says differently now, I'm just going to troll and reply and say "Okay Benito Floro".

We have never produced players like him or Davies. (challenge me if you think else)
This guy's confidence, swagger, and 1v1 abilities are the best in the country by far. 

1 game cool...but I've been adding coal to his train from day 1.

Totally agree about Tajon, no so much about Davies, if you're implying he should be playing at LW as opposed to LB. 

He and Davies have a very different toolkit.  I can see us playing Davies at LB, Tajon not soo much.  Davies 1v1 is putting the ball in open space and running to it, and he's very successful at it.  I don't know if I've ever seen him use footwork.  Tajon uses tricks and footwork to get around people, not saying he's better, just different. 

Davies however is less effective up the field for CANMNT when he is the most obvious and dangerous threat, they counter his skill with numbers and closing spaces.  We've seen lesser CONCACAF teams defend pretty well against him by not giving him that open space.  Not as easy to do with Bayern, because he isn't the only or main threat they need to defend against.

How many times in the past 2 years have we seen Davies run up to a wall of players and lose the ball immediately?  He just isn't as effective against a buckle down 10 man defense.  

38 minutes ago, costarg said:

Totally agree about Tajon, no so much about Davies, if you're implying he should be playing at LW as opposed to LB. 

He and Davies have a very different toolkit.  I can see us playing Davies at LB, Tajon not soo much.  Davies 1v1 is putting the ball in open space and running to it, and he's very successful at it.  I don't know if I've ever seen him use footwork.  Tajon uses tricks and footwork to get around people, not saying he's better, just different. 

Davies however is less effective up the field for CANMNT when he is the most obvious and dangerous threat, they counter his skill with numbers and closing spaces.  We've seen lesser CONCACAF teams defend pretty well against him by not giving him that open space.  Not as easy to do with Bayern, because he isn't the only or main threat they need to defend against.

How many times in the past 2 years have we seen Davies run up to a wall of players and lose the ball immediately?  He just isn't as effective against a buckle down 10 man defense.  

That is exactly why I like Davies at LB.  He still attacks that LW space but he does it from a back position, hitting the space with speed and without someone who has been tasked with tracking him the whole way.  For me it is a more effective use of his skills - not to mention benefitting from his contributions on the defensive end of things.  The way Bayern used him last year really wasn’t much less in terms of contributing to the attack - it is just framed differently in terms of how it fits into the overall play.   

15 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Tajon interview from after the game as part of this video. His answers are quite succinct, and as such he gets less time onscreen than the guy with the cemented Henry Cavill haircut who takes half an ice-age to ask Lautaro Martinez a question:

Whoa, I guess the threat of Tajon having to learn Italian before making an appearance worked. Can't believe he was able to understand the journalist's questions with ease...😉 I'm sure it was edited.