Tajon Buchanan

nolando

8 hours ago, Mattd97 said:

I cant tell if its sarcasm, but 3 minutes of a 20-23 minute show (40-45 if you count the whole hour but most is repeat if i remember my actually watching SC days) for transfer news is pretty significant

Yeah mind-blowingly so.

1 hour ago, Treppy2 said:

Tajon's transfer was just mentioned on tonight's CBC Radio's World at Six program. "Canada's biggest soccer transfer since Alphonso Davies went to Bayern Munich".

Was not expecting coverage of this on CBC's national radio news program.

It is a pretty big deal if you think about it

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

Very encouraging to hear that the coach has a good track record of improving wing-backs.

For me it’s a bit surreal to hear Di Marco’s name next to Tajon’s in that clip - it brought home the fact that he is soon going to be playing alongside a good chunk of the Italian national team, not just Di Marco, but also players such as Barella, Frattesi and Osorio’s younger twin brother, Bastoni.  

Buchanan was shown on camera a couple of times and mentioned in the broadcast.

Obviously Dumfries is a gem but I wasn't overly impressed by him yesterday. Quite a dull match overall, tbh, except for the first goal and then the wild injury time. I think Tajon will be an impact player much earlier than first might have been imagined. 

30 minutes ago, nolando said:

Buchanan was shown on camera a couple of times and mentioned in the broadcast.

Obviously Dumfries is a gem but I wasn't overly impressed by him yesterday. Quite a dull match overall, tbh, except for the first goal and then the wild injury time. I think Tajon will be an impact player much earlier than first might have been imagined. 

They are having a great year but just squeeked out the last two league results. Then Juventus is right behind, also having an amazing season, despite being low scoring. So that puts the demand quite high, they need to play better and have a month of good results. 

Usually you think you can give a player minutes to start when the team is well ahead at m. 70, but I am not sure they'll be coasting that much this month.

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are having a great year but just squeeked out the last two league results. Then Juventus is right behind, also having an amazing season, despite being low scoring. So that puts the demand quite high, they need to play better and have a month of good results. 

Usually you think you can give a player minutes to start when the team is well ahead at m. 70, but I am not sure they'll be coasting that much this month.

Juventus is currently trailing Salernitana at half. A loss might give them a bit of breathing room

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Juventus is currently trailing Salernitana at half. A loss might give them a bit of breathing room

They just won in stoppage time, so 2 points back. 

I really dislike la Juve, not an Inter fan, but much prefer them over Juventus. I realize this does not really matter, but it is more entertaining to want a team to win along with the Canadian to do well.

Apparently Inter is having trouble meeting Dumfries’ wage demands, so if Tajon shows well out of the gate, he could quickly find himself in a very important role. Could be a similar trajectory to Eustaquio with Porto- sub the first year, by around the quarter mark of his second year, he’s an important starter and the rest is history. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Apparently Inter is having trouble meeting Dumfries’ wage demands, so if Tajon shows well out of the gate, he could quickly find himself in a very important role. Could be a similar trajectory to Eustaquio with Porto- sub the first year, by around the quarter mark of his second year, he’s an important starter and the rest is history. 

Inter signed Tajon with the plan that Dumfries would be sold now or in the summer knowing his contract expires next year. They are a cash-strapped club, and just got his replacement for peanuts. I can bet that Inter are going to give Tajon an ample amount of opportunities to succeed, and I won't be surprised when he does. 

53 minutes ago, Shway said:

Inter signed Tajon with the plan that Dumfries would be sold now or in the summer knowing his contract expires next year. They are a cash-strapped club, and just got his replacement for peanuts. I can bet that Inter are going to give Tajon an ample amount of opportunities to succeed, and I won't be surprised when he does. 

This is the most confident Ive been with any of our stars moving teams. I was skeptical of larin, ugbo, and brym all moving up and succeeding. I was worried about staq and johnston becoming starters (even though i thought theyd succeed).

Tajon to inter is probably the biggest jump up in quality (aside from phonzie) for a CMNT transfer, yet I feel very confident that he will succeed. 

If I am not mistaken, Inter has the highest attendance in Italy, over AC Milan, and the fourth highest in Europe this year, behind Borussia Dortmund, perennial attendance winners, then Manchester United and Allianz in Munich, about the same. 

Camp Nou is being redone, usually Barça is second; no other stadium matches San Siro.