Tajon Buchanan

nolando

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Brugge fans really don't like Tajon lol. They're all happy to see him leave and say he has nothing outside of him being able to run fast.

I have seen this too and I don't get it. I think they are disillusioned having gone from league champs and UCL participants to fighting just to qualify for the playoff round. Last year they managed to save face somewhat by finishing 4th, but they were nowhere near the title and this year it's the same - 5th place and 14 points off the pace of Union SG.

In short, they are punching below their weight and have done so now for nearly 18 months. 

I don't monitor their sentiment towards other players, but I can't imagine they are particularly thrilled with anyone, so I take their criticism of Buchanan with a grain of salt. For this Canadian fan, they have served their purpose and been the stepping stone for Tajon we had hoped for. Looking forward to following Inter and dropping Brugge from my notifications. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I have seen this too and I don't get it. I think they are disillusioned having gone from league champs and UCL participants to fighting just to qualify for the playoff round. Last year they managed to save face somewhat by finishing 4th, but they were nowhere near the title and this year it's the same - 5th place and 14 points off the pace of Union SG.

In short, they are punching below their weight and have done so now for nearly 18 months. 

I don't monitor their sentiment towards other players, but I can't imagine they are particularly thrilled with anyone, so I take their criticism of Buchanan with a grain of salt. For this Canadian fan, they have served their purpose and been the stepping stone for Tajon we had hoped for. Looking forward to following Inter and dropping Brugge from my notifications. 

I know breakups can be hard.  Sometimes people say things in the moment the don't really mean.

Hey.  I'll tell you what.  Just to prove there's no hard feelings I'll buy all the Brugge supporters a drink if Inter draw CB in next year's Champion's League Round of 16.

ahem...

Formally yours 

Tajon.

About the Club Bruges fans being sour: what is that team anyways? They are not even close to being the most lauded in Belgium, they are in a mostly fake scenery city, it is not like they are particularly authoritative on the game. The whole arrangement is rather haughty I'd say. Last year this time they fired their manager, who gotten them through the group stage in Champions, in a really garbage move. They treated Larin like crap. And then they are built to sell players on, which is what they are doing. Be honest a bit, shall we?

Beside Inter they are nothing. But if they had half a brain they'd be proud they'd moved someone to a European giant instead of being so disagreeable.

Note to @Cheeta The one thing you should always let a Belgian do is let them buy you a drink, that stuff they have on tap is out of this world.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

35 minutes ago, masster said:

Is that legit? What a coincidence. Some Italian media have been calling Buchanan the new Perisic, former attacker and athletic effort player with skill converted to wingback.

Perisic also played for Brugge and ended up an Inter legend. 

That probably has something to do with it + I’m sure Perisic is familiar with Tajon from their World Cup match. 

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

About the Club Bruges fans being sour: what is that team anyways? They are not even close to being the most lauded in Belgium, they are in a mostly fake scenery city, it is not like they are particularly authoritative on the game. The whole arrangement is rather haughty I'd say. Last year this time they fired their manager, who gotten them through the group stage in Champions, in a really garbage move. They treated Larin like crap. And then they are built to sell players on, which is what they are doing. Be honest a bit, shall we?

Beside Inter they are nothing. But if they had half a brain they'd be proud they'd moved someone to a European giant instead of being so disagreeable.

Note to @Cheeta The one thing you should always let a Belgian do is let them buy you a drink, that stuff they have on tap is out of this world.

I have a theory on why their fans are like this. True, they are not the most lauded in Belgium if you consider the entire scope of Belgium club football history, but if you consider recent history and especially the last 5 years, you'd be hard pressed to find a more dominant team in Belgian football. Before last season, they had won 5 of the last 7 league titles. And in the 2 seasons they didn't win they were runner-up. That's about as dominant as PSG has been in Ligue 1 over the same time span. The grand finale of this run was arguably getting to the knock out round of UCL, which no Belgian team had done since.....*checks notes*........Gent in 2015-16!

So, while I don't like the comments about Tajon, or the treatment of Larin, I think looking at them from this perspective explains a lot....not that I agree with it, of course. 

As for the Brugge fan hate, it makes perfect sense to me.  It doesnt matter whether they are a "fake scenery town" or dont have inters history etc etc.  They paid for a hot young prospect, he didnt make much of a splash with them and they are moving him on with a minimal profit, not exactly a success story.  I'm sure they all hoped he would pot some big goals, create buzz, and they could sell him on for 5-10mil more than they got.  Heres hoping he is a better fit at Inter than he was at Brugge

It seemed that Tajon never really got the chance to show what he can do at Brugges. Certainly not this year. Seems they were expecting something different from what they actually purchased. I presume Inter has the staff and expertise to further develop a guy like Tajon, who, let's be honest, has not been in a pro set up for very long at all. 

21 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Fikayo Tomori, John van ‘t Schip, Jonathan De Guzman and Asmir Begovic are all Canadians who played in Seria A before. Buchanan is the first CMNT player to do it. 

JDG 2 gave up his Canadian citizenship so he could play for Netherlands (since they don't allow dual citizenship), and I'm assuming van 't Schip did likewise?  But Tomori claims he holds three citizenships (Canada, Nigeria, England).  And I'm led to believe Cristante is likewise a dual citizenship holder.

In other words, if "Canadian" means having Canadian citizenship, then Tajon is definitely not the first to play in Serie A.

(But I do accept there's other definitions of "Canadian" out there. 😉

Edited by GasPed

2 minutes ago, GasPed said:

JDG 2 gave up his Canadian citizenship so he could play for Netherlands (since they don't allow dual citizenship), and I'm assuming van 't Schip did likewise?  But Tomori claims he holds three citizenships (Canada, Nigeria, England).  And I'm led to believe Cristante is likewise a dual citizenship holder.

In other words, if "Canadian" means having Canadian citizenship, then Tajon is definitely not the first to play in Serie A.

(But I do accept there's other definitions of "Canadian" out there. 😉

For me, if you are saying he is the first Canadian player to suit up for Inter, it means he is the first guy who actually plays for Canada.  But... biased...