Canadians abroad: August 10-16, 2018

DJT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

At the risk of opening up the league comparison debate again, that was a nice finish but that was some beer league defending on that goal.

Yeah that's fair. Seeing it again, it was less of a move than two guys just running past him. Still got it out of his feet pretty well. 

To throw a little cold water on the hype train, I did watch his first match and he was pretty quiet outside of the goal. Still, goals are goals and I am happy to see him banging them in.

cheers, matthew

6 hours ago, Grizzly said:

At the risk of opening up the league comparison debate again, that was a nice finish but that was some beer league defending on that goal.

I think it's fair to say Waasland Beveren isn't the strongest team in the league. They were committing guys forward to get that equalizer, that opened up nicely for Gent. But still a composed finish from the 18 yr old. 

8 hours ago, matthew said:

Yeah that's fair. Seeing it again, it was less of a move than two guys just running past him. Still got it out of his feet pretty well. 

To throw a little cold water on the hype train, I did watch his first match and he was pretty quiet outside of the goal. Still, goals are goals and I am happy to see him banging them in.

cheers, matthew

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

I think it's fair to say Waasland Beveren isn't the strongest team in the league. They were committing guys forward to get that equalizer, that opened up nicely for Gent. But still a composed finish from the 18 yr old. 

People on this forum can be pessimistic about anything.

USL Weekend Update

Nashville 2-0 Ottawa Fury - 6 Canadian starters Crepeau, Attakora, TMG, Edward, Dixon, and Haber. Three Canadians were subbed in Haworth, Kinumbe, and Mannella.

Tampa Bay 0-2 NCFC - Already mentioned but Bekker played 90 at CM and had an assist.

OKC Energy 3-2 Real Monarchs - Drew BEckie plays 90 at CB for OKC. Josh Heard goes 90 at LM (first half) and AM (2nd half). Kacher gets subben in for the 2nd half at LM.

Saint Louis 4-1 Las Vegas - Michael Cox is subbed on in the 77th minute for his debut and SCORES in the 88th!

Tulsa 2-1Colorado Springs - Paris Gee plays 90 for Tulsa in the win and Jordan Schweitzer plays 90 at CM in the loss and picks up a yellow card.

Phoenix Rising 3-4 Orange County - Alessandro Riggi starts at LW but in the 11th minute he goes down in a lot of pain holding his knee and is subbed out. Does not look good.

Sacramento 2-1 RGV - Aleman is subbed on in the 57th (his team was down 1-0 at this point) and picks up an assist on the 2nd Sacramento goal.

Bethlehem Steel 1-2 Pittsburgh - Nanco plays 90 and picks up a goal in the loss. On the other side Dover plays 66 minutes at RB in the win.

TFC II 1-0 Richmond - 6 Canadian starters for TFC II Boskovic, Fraser, Uccello, Hamilton, Srbely, and and Campbell. Two subs Hundal and Daniels. Hamilton scores with a blast to the near post off a nice pass from Fraser. Both players I think are too good for USL. On the other side Mallan Roberts with his second straight start for Richmond in his return from injury.    

14 hours ago, Benjamin Massey said:

Boakai and Hocine start for EIF against AC Oulu.

EDIT: Boakai goes 81', Hocine goes 90', Oulu and EIF tie 1-1. No known impact by either Canadian.

The draw at an in form Oulo keeps them I the lead with three points. 

Borjan is less than 5 minutes away from advancing to the next round of the Champions League. Red Star are winning 2-1 (3-2 agg) and they have more away goals

Archived