The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

How is he looking? Right after the half, he is 100% on passes, 1/2 on dribbles and 3/4 on duels. Not a bad game.

Good.

Trying to do 2 at once but Villa have played pretty tight and there hasn't been a lot of space in the final third to do a lot spectular.

The home side just made some subs and maybe are looking to open it up a little, so maybe he will see more work both ways. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Upamecano  *shakes first at sky*

That said Villa were right to hold out on us for Dhuran.

Upamecano is the luckiest man in the entire game. He's been in my opinion, the worst Bayern player of the past few seasons, just a constant highlight reel of gaffes, but yet, it's Davies, Gnabry, Kim, so on, that are usually the whipping boys online. When Bayern loses a winnable game, you know that Upamecano's fingerprints are all over it.  

21 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Upamecano is the luckiest man in the entire game. He's been in my opinion, the worst Bayern player of the past few seasons, just a constant highlight reel of gaffes, but yet, it's Davies, Gnabry, Kim, so on, that are usually the whipping boys online. When Bayern loses a winnable game, you know that Upamecano's fingerprints are all over it.  

Lately Neuer has played a big part in Bayern's high profile losses too.  But you'll never hear that (or if you do, it's faint whispers) from the Bayern fans...

''Statistically, Davies, Kimmich and Musiala were rated amongst the best players today.''

''I find him really good again today. I have to put it this way, I hadn't expected it, but then I was happy to be wrong.''

''Davies with almost an assist...''

''Despite the defeat, I have to admit that Phonzie is really back on track... strong performances!

''Davies has to do everything on his own on the left.''

''So we have to hope that Davies has a good day, otherwise the left side is completely dead again.''

''Davis is getting stronger again.''

''Davies is playing well and the mentality in the team is right.''

''In my opinion, Davies didn't do much wrong. He waited for the deep ball, just like me. He also took good care not to be on the sidelines.''

''Davies shows in such games that he's not a pillar of this team.''

''Davies just trots, that doesn't help.''

''Who would have thought that a few weeks ago that Davies is one of our best player.''

''He just hides behind the opponent... Either he starts running deep or lets himself fall into the ground.''

''Kane outstanding and Davies runs away...''

PS: FC Bayern Munich Forum

1 minute ago, GasPed said:

Lately Neuer has played a big part in Bayern's high profile losses too.  But you'll never hear that (or if you do, it's faint whispers) from the Bayern fans...

Neuer has been in the bin for me ever since that story about the cab driver who found his wallet and drove 120km to give it back to him, only for Neuer to send him on his way with a jersey. 

6 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

''Statistically, Davies, Kimmich and Musiala were rated amongst the best players today.''

''I find him really good again today. I have to put it this way, I hadn't expected it, but then I was happy to be wrong.''

''Davies with almost an assist...''

''Despite the defeat, I have to admit that Phonzie is really back on track... strong performances!

''Davies has to do everything on his own on the left.''

''So we have to hope that Davies has a good day, otherwise the left side is completely dead again.''

''Davis is getting stronger again.''

''Davies is playing well and the mentality in the team is right.''

''In my opinion, Davies didn't do much wrong. He waited for the deep ball, just like me. He also took good care not to be on the sidelines.''

''Davies shows in such games that he's not a pillar of this team.''

''Davies just trots, that doesn't help.''

''Who would have thought that a few weeks ago that Davies is one of our best player.''

''He just hides behind the opponent... Either he starts running deep or lets himself fall into the ground.''

''Kane outstanding and Davies runs away...''

PS: FC Bayern Munich Forum

Again like Cornelius some good and some bad, but mostly good. I trust you are taking a representative sample and not just posting more good comments than bad, right?

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Again like Cornelius some good and some bad, but mostly good. I trust you are taking a representative sample and not just posting more good comments than bad, right?

Only was able to watch snippets of the game, but Davies is the highest rated Bayern player on Fotmob, Sofascore and Whoscored and I'm assuming they can't all be wrong...

Mendy was poor today for Real Madrid, subbed off at the half after the David goal. He's flat, no idea going forward, all the attacks of Lille hit him hard. He's not ineffective, he holds okay, but clearly Davies would be a step up. 

Madrid also really needs to replace Kroos, and Modric probably, they need major work in the middle of the park; but I still think they can easily opt for Davies because they do not have a top notch player at left back.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I trust you are taking a representative sample and not just posting more good comments than bad, right?

In Ahmedou We Trust!

I'm always neutral (good comments, bad comments, etc). Going to our canadian soccer players topics on their clubs forums are instructive infos. 

Edited by ahmedou