The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

On 8/12/2023 at 4:41 PM, masster said:

DAZN has the Canadian rights for the German Bundesliga this season. Not sure about the DFB Pokal.

They do and the 2.Bundesliga as well. That was reason enough for me to get DAZN this season. There are some storied and big clubs in the 2nd division this year...almost makes it more exciting than the Bundesliga itself. 

1 hour ago, longlugan said:

They do and the 2.Bundesliga as well. That was reason enough for me to get DAZN this season. There are some storied and big clubs in the 2nd division this year...almost makes it more exciting than the Bundesliga itself. 

I was holding off until September (the jump to $30 in addition to Fubo), when the European competitions start in earnest but it feels like they are dragging me back in early. 

Would appreciate more English lower leagues, since we have a lot of Canadian there again but understand rights and all that.

14 hours ago, longlugan said:

Are there any Canadians in the 2.Bundesliga this year?

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He has looked good generally.

Harry Kane not such a bad guy after all, it seems.

I argued a ton about how Bayern doesn’t need such an expensive striker, just someone who can kick a ball into the net and chew gum at the same time, but hey, it turns out having one of the best goal scorers on earth kinda helps get the team going. Early days, but something about AD’s form in preseason and today gives me a bit of hope that he might reach another level this year.

Nice to see Davies assist Kane's first Bundesliga goal. I was hoping that would be the case, and it will go down as a nice little bit of trivia. I also realized last week that I saw Harry Kane's first Premier League goal live back in 2014 in a 5-1 win over Sunderland at the old White Hart Lane at my first Premier League game. Was kind of a cool realization nine years later.

I remember early on when he started getting a lot of minutes with Bayern - he seemed to link up with Lewa really well.   And I know Kane isn’t Lewa, but there are some similarities (IMO) in terms of the way they move into space and serve as a target.  I didn’t bother posting it but when Kane finally moved to BM I was thinking that this could be really good for Phonzie.  He hasn’t that kind of clinical target man since Lewa left, and the presence of one really plays into his style.