The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

So this is beneficial for who again? 🤣

It's basically just a PR thing.  Bayern will often play a local friendly against a club team from the area where they're holding their training camp.  Basically a thank-you to the locals.  I do suspect their next friendly will be a bit more difficult (City).

28 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Does anyone know the story here? They won 25-0, 23-0 in 2019, I believe they’ve played a few other games before. I understand it’s just light training mostly (I think the other team is 9th division), but why these guys? What’s the connection?

They held their 5 day training camp at Lake Tegernsee this year, which is also where they held it in 2018 and 2019, which is why they've played this local team three times now. 

(Funny, but I believe Rottach actually played a 53 year old midfielder for part of this game. 😀)  

Edited by GasPed

4 hours ago, GasPed said:

They held their 5 day training camp at Lake Tegernsee this year, which is also where they held it in 2018 and 2019, which is why they've played this local team three times now. 

(Funny, but I believe Rottach actually played a 53 year old midfielder for part of this game. 😀)  

image.jpeg.4eddaf20395020d2803c5f6fe1d44ebd.jpeg

Edited by The Beaver 2.0

Crazy how old I am getting.

Going through West Ham u21s to see who might get a chance this year and found this in one kid's write-up:

"With the Academy since he was ten, Clayton is quick, committed and – like his idol Alphonso Davies – loves nothing more than to get forward to support the attack."

A bit surreal. 

40 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Crazy how old I am getting.

Going through West Ham u21s to see who might get a chance this year and found this in one kid's write-up:

"With the Academy since he was ten, Clayton is quick, committed and – like his idol Alphonso Davies – loves nothing more than to get forward to support the attack."

A bit surreal. 

A U21 player in England at an EPL club who  says a Canadian is his idol...got to be a first. AD is really a gift to our program. Hopefully he is inspiring a generation of young Cdn players.

4 hours ago, frmr said:

With Davies' unique presence on social media, there will likely be a swathe of young players across the world who will have idolized him.

That’s the irony if my demographic A despite being a massive Davies fan and cheering on the Nats for decades, a ton of only partially interested kids probably know more about Davies personality than I do through his social media game.