The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

They lost 3-1 to Mainz, not sure if this year or last but I recall seeing Mainz play very good football quite recently. Still, the team is really struggling.

Spanish press midweek was hammering away at the Davies to Real Madrid rumours. Also heard Man City. I think the Spanish press sees he could be part of a deal with the two clubs divide the spoils. Also part of the way the Madrid press tries to pressure rival teams, right now they are beating the drums on signing Haaland as their semi-final approaches.

In more Bayern news, word in the news this week is that they will let Oliver Kahn go, as club president, while it looks like they'll keep Salihamidzic as sporting director. 

26 minutes ago, Shway said:

Tuchel should be sacked lol

Hated it from the moment it happened. He plays an awful style and lives off 1 champions league run, I’d love to see Bayern players comeback and protest to get Naggelsman back even with how unlikely it is, it seemed to me everyone except Neuer liked him and one 36 year old guy shouldn’t be enough to get one of the best managers in the world to get sacked.

43 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The nations league is 8 weeks away and given his history of recovering from injuries I’m sure he’s safe for nations league. 

I am actually in the opposite camp.  If he misses a full 6 weeks of Bundesliga play, I would be pretty hesitant to call him into NL and expect him to play a major role.

Hopefully I am wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if all involved take a very cautious approach to his injury.   

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am actually in the opposite camp.  If he misses a full 6 weeks of Bundesliga play, I would be pretty hesitant to call him into NL and expect him to play a major role.

Hopefully I am wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if all involved take a very cautious approach to his injury.   

I guess we’ll see but it seems improbable that this injury would keep him from his first international final, if we make it. If he’s iffy then maybe it’s best he sits out Panama but he’ll be starting if at all possible in a final. 

• 2 weeks later...