The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

On 2/14/2023 at 6:38 PM, frmr said:

2nc69ws6x9ia1.jpg

I know we’re sort of used to this by now, but I still find it amazing: A Canadian player photographed with two of the best and most iconic football players on the planet after he played against them and made a major contribution in beating their side in the Champions League.

Even five years ago, who among us thought  this would be possible?

4 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

I know we’re sort of used to this by now, but I still find it amazing: A Canadian player photographed with two of the best and most iconic football players on the planet after he played against them and made a major contribution in beating their side in the Champions League.

Even five years ago, who among us thought  this would be possible?

Literally no one.

On 2/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Pavard got a red, I wonder if they start Cancelo in his place and give Davies his spot back next game. 

Doubt it would happen like that, since Pavard plays RCB in a back 3, a position Cancelo doesn't play.  More likely they go with a back 4, with Cancelo and Davies as FB's.  Or, if they do go with a back 3, Cancelo loses his RWB spot to Coman and Davies takes LWB (like the 2nd half of this game).  I suspect it will be a back 4 though, since Bayern really has only two high quality CB's if Pavard and Hernandez are out.