The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

5 hours ago, trc2014 said:

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/2022-11-21/coupe-du-monde/la-sante-d-alphonso-davies-toujours-sous-la-loupe-dans-le-camp-canadien.php

not sure any stock should be put into this article, but seen pulling up and grimacing at training today?  Anyone have a view on this site as a source?

This article is being spammed all over Twitter. Where's the picture? Who's this source? "Presumably" clutching his leg? I dunno...seems pretty clickbaity imo.

23 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

This article is being spammed all over Twitter. Where's the picture? Who's this source? "Presumably" clutching his leg? I dunno...seems pretty clickbaity imo.

The picture is in the English language version of the article, as above. He isn't clutching his leg in the picture, but there is an appearance of discomfort, fwiw. 

Davies' health dominates Canada's buildup to World Cup opener against Belgium - Victoria Times Colonist

Edited by Pomoxis

8 minutes ago, Pomoxis said:

The picture is in the English language version of the article, as above. He isn't clutching his leg in the picture, but there is an appearance of discomfort, fwiw. 

Davies' health dominates Canada's buildup to World Cup opener against Belgium - Victoria Times Colonist

It could be Phonsie's grimace and discomfort is at the sight of seeing Piette in his short shorts.

9 minutes ago, Pomoxis said:

I mean...that could be an appearance of anything to be fair...yelling at a teammate, yelling at himself, yelling because of a miss, yelling because of a goal, yelling at somebody else acoring a goal, yelling "Qatar muthafuckas!",  But okay, I can see it.

3 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

I mean...that could be an appearance of anything to be fair...yelling at a teammate, yelling at himself, yelling because of a miss, yelling because of a goal, yelling at somebody else acoring a goal, yelling "Qatar muthafuckas!",  But okay, I can see it.

In the words of the late, great Gord Downie...."take a look at this photograph. Clearly, his teeth were bared. He could be yawning or snarling. The story was never clear."

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Herdman has apparently confirmed at today’s press conference that Davies hit full speed in training yesterday, according to Scianitti on Twitter. Hopefully that will put an end to the latest speculation

Well, he could always hurt himself while dreaming of scoring Canada's first WC goal.

2 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

Herdman basically said that everyone is fit and ready to rip!  Let’s fucking go!

But he's still playing 5D chess.  So this means that he wants the Belgians to prepare for playing against Davies when in fact Davies will be rested and Davies' opposite (I'm guessing....Pantemis?) will be marauding up and down the left side.  They'll never see it coming!

I feel bad for him, I know how much that goal would have meant.  Under this level of pressure in any circumstance I’m convinced the best approach is to blast it right down the middle after feigning one side or the other.

Edited by Lurker

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I feel bad for him, I know much that goal would have meant.  Under this level if pressure in any circumstance I’m convinced the best approach is to blast it right down the middle after feigning one side or the other.

Agreed. Said this to a friend before he took it. Especially on Courtois who can basically reach the corner anyway when he guesses correctly, and knowing you're not the guy who's going to place it there.