The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

God damn do I have to see James Duthie doing World Cup coverage. Have your soccer people do interviews, I see enough of this dude as it is. Stick to hockey.

Hey, he played soccer for Gloucester Hornets, until he was 17 and his father was I believe important in the development of the 12 pitch Hornets Nest soccer facility, where Jo David learned his trade... So not just a hockey guy...

9 minutes ago, h coach said:

Hey, he played soccer for Gloucester Hornets, until he was 17 and his father was I believe important in the development of the 12 pitch Hornets Nest soccer facility, where Jo David learned his trade... So not just a hockey guy...

Interesting. I never knew that. Thanks for sharing. 

42 minutes ago, h coach said:

I think I also heard that he's neighbours with the Johnston's, so at least knows Alastair well.

46 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I think that's the wrong place - it should be under CMNT.  WC sub forum should be for general WC discussion involving non CMNT.

I think there's a way to link it in this subforum while it remains in that one.

Let me try my once-every-two-years moderation on this site...

14 minutes ago, RS said:

I think there's a way to link it in this subforum while it remains in that one.

Let me try my once-every-two-years moderation on this site...

That would be nice.   The other sub forum seems way more focused on info for those traveling so I would prefer match threads to be here (or at least be accessible from here).  

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/2022-11-21/coupe-du-monde/la-sante-d-alphonso-davies-toujours-sous-la-loupe-dans-le-camp-canadien.php

not sure any stock should be put into this article, but seen pulling up and grimacing at training today?  Anyone have a view on this site as a source?

The original article is from Neil Davidson (Canadian Press) so it is legit.