The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

For a laugh have a watch...feel like Phonzy is just being nice but who knows.

I work with kids and they're all talking about this song, whether they're into football or not. Released 10 days ago it has 16M views already. I can't say I like it but it beats any other WC song I've heard just on pure energy and passion alone ha ha. You have to admit he's bringing the eyeballs and I can't hate on that.

Edit: and it looks like we may have to get used to hearing it more often.

Edited by PegCityCam

58 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

I work with kids and they're all talking about this song, whether they're into football or not. Released 10 days ago it has 16M views already. I can't say I like it but it beats any other WC song I've heard just on pure energy and passion alone ha ha. You have to admit he's bringing the eyeballs and I can't hate on that.

My aggressively-uninterested-in-soccer 13 year-old played this for me two days ago.  I explained to him that IShowSpeed doxxed Phonzie not too long ago so I can't mess with that.  I think the fact that I could keep up with him in this conversation gained me his respect for a solid 3.5 seconds.

9 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

LOL! Phonzie was shocked by all the mispronouncing of the countries' names. I guess Ebonics never made it to Edmonton.

2 hours ago, Sal333 said:

LOL! Phonzie was shocked by all the mispronouncing of the countries' names. I guess Ebonics never made it to Edmonton.

I've watched a lot of reaction videos to this (clearly I'm not right in the mind 8 days out...CANADA LET'S GOOOO) and what's shocking is the number of "creators" who don't catch the mispronouncing. Or at least not the majority of the butcherings he makes. I suppose I don't know what I was expecting. Kids these days amirite?

Edited by PegCityCam

I wouldn't have been able to identify that "Crow-tee-ah" was supposed to be "Croatia" or that "Soonsiah" was supposed to be "Tunisia" without Phonzie's help. If FIFA does use the song at all, they are going to have to cut that intro out, or have him re-record it.

It's also kind of hilarious how he stops during the song and gives his prediction. I guess along with missing Geography class, he also didn't do well in "How to not make your song age horribly 101".

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

I wouldn't have been able to identify that "Crow-tee-ah" was supposed to be "Croatia" or that "Soonsiah" was supposed to be "Tunisia" without Phonzie's help. If FIFA does use the song at all, they are going to have to cut that intro out, or have him re-record it.

It's also kind of hilarious how he stops during the song and gives his prediction. I guess along with missing Geography class, he also didn't do well in "How to not make your song age horribly 101".

…unless his prediction materializes

2 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

Interesting that Muller,  who has been out with an injury, joined the German camp yesterday…

Maybe? All that would tell me is that Muller is further along in his recovery. Bayern surely has a larger and better resourced medical staff than Canada Soccer, and there's nothing wrong with Davies continuing his recovery there for a few more days.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Maybe? All that would tell me is that Muller is further along in his recovery. Bayern surely has a larger and better resourced medical staff than Canada Soccer, and there's nothing wrong with Davies continuing his recovery there for a few more days.

This. Bayern said from the get go that Davies would be ready for the WC but not the Japan friendly

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

The one thing I've been thinking of that would be a negative to Davies staying with Bayern for the time being, is having less time to adapt to the time change. I started wondering if part of the reason why we didn't look at our best against Bahrain is that they travelled between 8 and 11 timezones not all that long before. It's not as long a journey for Davies, but still, that is a negative that needs to be balanced with the better medical attention he is likely to get in Germany.

49 minutes ago, Kent said:

The one thing I've been thinking of that would be a negative to Davies staying with Bayern for the time being, is having less time to adapt to the time change. I started wondering if part of the reason why we didn't look at our best against Bahrain is that they travelled between 8 and 11 timezones not all that long before. It's not as long a journey for Davies, but still, that is a negative that needs to be balanced with the better medical attention he is likely to get in Germany.

Two timezones I don't think will be a huge problem.

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Two timezones I don't think will be a huge problem.

Agreed. But it is interesting. He's supposed to be resting and prepping but he's wandering around watching NFL, seems odd. Then not travelling for the Japan match, where our medical team might want to take a look at him. He's officially released as of today. 

If they are doing due diligence and he's happy rehabbing with the BM physios, I'm fine with it. But he won't be ready to do 90 vs. Belgium if this is the case.

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Agreed. But it is interesting. He's supposed to be resting and prepping but he's wandering around watching NFL, seems odd. Then not travelling for the Japan match, where our medical team might want to take a look at him. He's officially released as of today. 

If they are doing due diligence and he's happy rehabbing with the BM physios, I'm fine with it. But he won't be ready to do 90 vs. Belgium if this is the case.

I heard he also commented on a friend's Instagram post