The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

58 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Yah thats my take. That's the energy I've been getting from that whole situation. This works out best for Phonzie 

Your take = more completely unsubstantiated garbage. [And why does your take also feel like a misogynistic dog whistle, too? Jordyn doesn't need Phonzie. Phonzie doesn't need Jordyn. They are accomplishing big things all on their own.] 

6 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Your take = more completely unsubstantiated garbage. [And why does your take also feel like a misogynistic dog whistle, too? Jordyn doesn't need Phonzie. Phonzie doesn't need Jordyn. They are accomplishing big things all on their own.] 

Why does it sound like that? Probably a question for yourself, not me. 

I'm not sure why it's such a controversial take. Seemed pretty apparent to me

Edited by SpursFlu

15 minutes ago, frmr said:

It’s not controversial, it’s just moronic.

Wrong maybe.. but the fact you called it moronic probably means it's true but strangely hearing someone express the truth makes some people upset to the point they feel the need to insult me

6 hours ago, Scottie said:

Yeah can we leave the gross TMZ stuff off of here?

Whaaaat?

Good Gawd, man.  We're aren't even anywhere near to "this" having gone too far.

When I see 'Phonzie and Jordyn sharing the same front page of News of the World, one of them looking ragged and the other sexy and kitted for a night of clubbing, then, maybe, this has gotten a little out of hand.

OOH- OHH!!!  Add a concerned looking Herdman up in one corner along with a caption "Herdman headache and concern arises for Canada's Qatar prospects as One night in Paris damages Davies heart in a way COVID never could!"

I'd buy that edition.  Damn rights I would!

13 minutes ago, RS said:

“Truth,” sure.

Aside from disparaging a medal-winning representative of one of our national teams (on this board, no less), implying that she started dating Davies at 15 years old in order to “gain fame” is pretty disgusting.

As you attempt to stretch what i said to justify your fake outrage i guess we'll have to consider you disgusted 

Edited by SpursFlu

Strong rumours that Bayern are going hard for Sadio Mane this summer. 😞 

I'm saying it right now. If they manage to get Mane, the Phonz will get 10-15 assists playing behind him in each of the next 2-3 seasons.

Also, there's zero chance of Phonz moving forward for Bayern if they're looking at bringing in a Top 10 player in the world at LW.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:27 AM, SthMelbRed said:

Strong rumours that Bayern are going hard for Sadio Mane this summer. 😞 

I'm saying it right now. If they manage to get Mane, the Phonz will get 10-15 assists playing behind him in each of the next 2-3 seasons.

Also, there's zero chance of Phonz moving forward for Bayern if they're looking at bringing in a Top 10 player in the world at LW.

There are rumours that Gnabry is following Lewandowski out the door, so he could get reps somewhere further up the field. I do expect him to hold down the LB/LWB spot though.

Been thinking about how the Lewandowski case will affect Alphonso sooner rather than later. Following closely, because Barça is involved, but also because as your teammates make moves you logically think of yourself. So a few things:

-Bayern pays well but lower than many top teams, which is a legitimate and sustainable policy. But can also irritate players who see their ceilings blocked. 

-Bayern does not have the prestige of EPL or Liga teams, partially explaining why Lewandowski didn't win the last two Golden Balls. So it's prestigious, but not as much as it could be. 

-Bayern is big enough to challenge in Europe, but too big in Germany where the league is a minor challenge. So big that they can get knocked out over 2 legs by Villarreal, suggesting their league conditions don't prepare them for more. A bit like PSG, which shouldn't be the case. So if you are looking for challenges in sport, its a good team but may make you doubt. 

-The brass at Bayern are very traditional and sometimes extremely arrogant. They expect a degree of loyalty they don't pay for. 

All this shouldn't affect Davies for now, because he's young, they renewed his contract, and his transfer price is too high for anyone to pay. But I think a very good World Cup could alter things. Or Bayern rolling over rivals in Bundesliga but failing in Europe: next summer may be early still, 2024 not so much. 

Davies will end up playing somewhere else in his career, and partially because of the way Bayern is built. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Been thinking about how the Lewandowski case will affect Alphonso sooner rather than later. Following closely, because Barça is involved, but also because as your teammates make moves you logically think of yourself. So a few things:

-Bayern pays well but lower than many top teams, which is a legitimate and sustainable policy. But can also irritate players who see their ceilings blocked. 

-Bayern does not have the prestige of EPL or Liga teams, partially explaining why Lewandowski didn't win the last two Golden Balls. So it's prestigious, but not as much as it could be. 

-Bayern is big enough to challenge in Europe, but too big in Germany where the league is a minor challenge. So big that they can get knocked out over 2 legs by Villarreal, suggesting their league conditions don't prepare them for more. A bit like PSG, which shouldn't be the case. So if you are looking for challenges in sport, its a good team but may make you doubt. 

-The brass at Bayern are very traditional and sometimes extremely arrogant. They expect a degree of loyalty they don't pay for. 

All this shouldn't affect Davies for now, because he's young, they renewed his contract, and his transfer price is too high for anyone to pay. But I think a very good World Cup could alter things. Or Bayern rolling over rivals in Bundesliga but failing in Europe: next summer may be early still, 2024 not so much. 

Davies will end up playing somewhere else in his career, and partially because of the way Bayern is built. 

I am not sure you can extrapolate too much on the basis of this year’s CL.  Agree that the Bundesliga is a step below the other top leagues, but Bayern won it all as recently as 2020 so I don’t think it is fair to say that their league play doesn’t adequately prepare them for Europe.  They got knocked out by a semi-finalist team that was playing some really good footy this year.  And it is never easy when you get deep in the competition - you are always playing against world class footballers.    

For sure Phonzie may move on from Bayern at some point,  but I don’t know that will be due to any competitive issues.    

38 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not sure you can extrapolate too much on the basis of this year’s CL.  Agree that the Bundesliga is a step below the other top leagues, but Bayern won it all as recently as 2020 so I don’t think it is fair to say that their league play doesn’t adequately prepare them for Europe.  They got knocked out by a semi-finalist team that was playing some really good footy this year.  And it is never easy when you get deep in the competition - you are always playing against world class footballers.    

For sure Phonzie may move on from Bayern at some point,  but I don’t know that will be due to any competitive issues.    

I'm thinking more about how the club works in general. They are loyal, to a point, and you are required to be loyal, but they can be real hardline about it. 

Disclosure: I don't like BM at all.