The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

Meister of the Match: Alphonso Davies

The Roadrunner is back! Davies capped his second start since his injury with an absolutely brilliant performance. He constantly terrorized Bielefeld’s defense with his galloping runs, and also didn’t do a half bad job in his own defensive area either. He latched onto Kimmich’s long ball to create Bielefeld’s own goal, and he was just busy and diligent throughout the whole 90 minutes. Davies had a stellar season up until his bout with myocarditis, and it’s good to see that he’s picking up from where he left off. The only gripe I have with his performance today was his skyward pass? shot? in the final seconds of the game, but hey, no one’s perfect. All in all, Davies was Bayern’s best player today, and it’s so good to see him back doing what he does best.

Canada's 2026 World Cup Bid

11 hours ago, Free kick said:

You beat me to it I was just about to post that article here.  Aside from the part about Phonsie waxing poetic about his hometown Edmonton being a host city (which I posted in the Canada's 2026 World Cup Bid thread) what caught my eye was the info about his agent which I will post here for future information archival reference.

What I find interesting, is that his agent is his old coach from Edmonton.  Not only that, but based in Edmonton they have an agent (and his agency) of one of the best players in the world.  I think it can't be underestimated the importance of that, of having that knowledge and experience at the highest level going forward for our up and coming players.

" I do have strong connections in Edmonton. My family lives there so I visit them whenever I have time off. My management team, ATG Sports Management, is also based out of Edmonton. My agent, Nick Huoseh, who is also my neighbour, he is born and raised in Edmonton, and the entire staff of the agency is either born and raised in Edmonton, or lived in Edmonton for many years at one point.

I have a lot of great memories playing with the Edmonton Strikers. My coach at the time Nick is still with me as my agent, so we often share stories about those days with each other. "

I guess I'm two years late to this info, it's a very interesting story.

Accidental Agent steering Canadian soccer sensation Alphonso Davies to major marketing deals
Terry Jones edmontonsun.com August 25, 2020

Family friend Nick Huoseh helping guide Canada teenager Alphonso Davies’ career
The soccer phenom’s agent is not your typical top-flight player representative. Owner and founder of Edmonton’s ASI Tech, the 50-year-old Huoseh is an electrical engineering technologist by trade.
Neil Davidson The Canadian Press April 29, 2020

He is also Ayo Akinola's agent "Ayo Akinola switches agency, after talking to Alphonso Davies. New agent Nick Huoseh" (from 2 years ago)

6 hours ago, narduch said:

Bayern play Dortmund tomorrow at 1230 pm ET.

The brains at Sportsnet have put it on World but you can easily watch it in ABC instead 

‘Make ‘‘em pay to watch Phonzie!!’  - It’s like the ghost of Bill Wirtz (the greedy old fart who refused to put Chicago Blackhawks home games on TV when the game wasn’t sold out) is making these decisions.  Every Phonzie game should be prime billing on the network leading up to the World Cup.   In any case, I’m sure these decisions are made by conservative out of touch old suits in the same demographic as Wirtz.  
Although, wouldn’t be out of the question Sportsnet wants to sabotage any hype to hurt TSN numbers during the Cup.  Stupid, cuz it’s a win-win situation to hype up this team, but the way these 2 war with each other it wouldn’t be out of the question.

Edited by TOcanadafan

6 hours ago, narduch said:

Bayern play Dortmund tomorrow at 1230 pm ET.

The brains at Sportsnet have put it on World but you can easily watch it in ABC instead 

I feel like they go out of their way to put Bayern games on sportsnet world to incentivize customers to pay extra for that channel. 

53 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

For context, it's probably worth mentioning here that Raptors coverage for the playoffs starts for 2pm tipoff on Sportsnet

Appreciate that because context is important, generally speaking. 

But as someone not subscribed to SN World I have noticed this many, many times. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother to see if Bayern is on the regular SN channels anymore.

Strangely, I notice that Dortmund seem to be featured way more often than Bayern on the regular channels.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Appreciate that because context is important, generally speaking. 

But as someone not subscribed to SN World I have noticed this many, many times. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother to see if Bayern is on the regular SN channels anymore.

Strangely, I notice that Dortmund seem to be featured way more often than Bayern on the regular channels.

My bad, realized I confused SN World with the 360 channel. Ya there's no reason they couldn't have put it on SN360 or SN1