The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

29 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think this was just Bayern flexing their muscles.  He is in full training - he could have absolutely joined our group and played a role as a sub.  Even in his current condition, I would take him as an option for an impact sub.   

To be fair, travel can be precarious, if I were Bayern I wouldn't want him flying Munich-Miami-San Jose-Toronto-Panama City-Probably Miami-Munich either. 

Edited by Approve My Account Pls
RS took me to school

But if we qualify, then it won't matter if Phonzie is with us playing or not because he will be with us in Qatar anyway especially when CSA and Herdman make final decisions on who will make up our 23, 25 or 26 man squad for Qatar...Phonzie will be a lock to make Qatar.

KJ has a great series with Beyond The Pitch.  He really makes it feel like you're just hanging out with these guys in your in your kitchen (perhaps that's a maritime expression).

Looking forward to Phonzie getting integrated back into the squad this summer in Nations League. 

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

HAHA, Phonzie has the cheese to outbid you for all those rookie cards.  No more cheap Priso or Okellos for you Nam.  

The funny thing is that I was actually a bit hesitant about even making the initial post in that thread because I knew it might prompt some people and generate extra interest (and thus competition).  There is also a "Soccer Cards Canada" group and the level of interest overall with respect to CMNT players has grown like crazy over the last 6 months.  It used to all be about Euro guys - now the main cards of interest are Davies and David. 

The era of cheap deals on cool/rare/rookie cards is quickly coming to an end.  Glad I stockpiled when I did.  Plus I still have a few tricks up my sleeve...

For anyone else who misses Davies. I stumbled upon this. 

It's fun watching the players that are trying to defend him. They look like amateurs plopped into a pro game. Reaching out trying to get a hold of him to slow him up, but only catching air, often falling over in the process.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

The funny thing is that I was actually a bit hesitant about even making the initial post in that thread because I knew it might prompt some people and generate extra interest (and thus competition).  There is also a "Soccer Cards Canada" group and the level of interest overall with respect to CMNT players has grown like crazy over the last 6 months.  It used to all be about Euro guys - now the main cards of interest are Davies and David. 

The era of cheap deals on cool/rare/rookie cards is quickly coming to an end.  Glad I stockpiled when I did.  Plus I still have a few tricks up my sleeve...

@dyslexic namis not just any soccer card collector

Villain Chillin Like A Villain GIF - Villain Chillin Like A Villain Smile GIFs