The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

On 2/16/2022 at 1:20 PM, Free kick said:

I believe that that narrative had the potential to be divisive for the team.   Everybody wants to be appraised and judged fairly, that's human nature.  There was a period there during the OCHO campaign (when the mainstream started jumping onto bandwagon) whereby we were being presented with picture that it was his team and bunch of nobodies.  I saw this in at least three different pieces of media clips or writeups.    One or two very key contributors to the success of the team were getting totally ignored.   So part me is glad to see the way things unfolded because only then did those previous ignored players start getting their dues.

I’d actually say the opposite. Underestimating everyone but one guy probably help bring them together. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8660852/alphonso-davies-soccer-medical-exam/amp/

“He’s not an option for the next one or two weeks,” Nagelsmann said through an interpreter. “I haven’t heard a result yet (of the medical exam) but even if it was a positive result he was gone for so long, so he’d need to go into rehab training.

The illness has meant Davies has not played for Canada since a pair of World Cup qualifying wins in November in Edmonton. It seems unlikely he will be ready for the Canadian men’s remaining three games in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying,

On 3/1/2022 at 1:47 PM, Corazon said:

What an honour for Neymar

Lime, salt, ice bucket.  Don't recognize the bottles though.

Every time I see a wrist watch I'm reminded of someone I know who bought a Rolex in a pawn shop in Los Vegas one time.  Cheap-cheap!  2nd hand watch cost more than my brand new Accent.  What a dick.  Sort of ruined the time peice as a fashion accesory for me.  And hey, I know fashion.

Quite a way to see out WCQing.  Less one Alphonso Davies.  Speaks to the team performances doesn't it?

So its looking less and less likely that we are gonna see Alphonso playing in the next window with Canada since he hasn't even done any training yet. Any precedence for a player being allowed to attend a window just for team support?

It would be great to see him on the bench or sidelines as a cheerleader for one of the biggest parties this country will see in the last 25 years. I can't imagine he would want to miss that, even if he wasn't  playing. Just not sure how much Bayern will want to keep him behind for medical testing/rehab/rest ect..maybe they say its gonna be too hard on his heart when he's jumping up and down, and running the sidelines waving the Canadian flag

2 hours ago, pod818 said:

So its looking less and less likely that we are gonna see Alphonso playing in the next window with Canada since he hasn't even done any training yet. Any precedence for a player being allowed to attend a window just for team support?

It would be great to see him on the bench or sidelines as a cheerleader for one of the biggest parties this country will see in the last 25 years. I can't imagine he would want to miss that, even if he wasn't  playing. Just not sure how much Bayern will want to keep him behind for medical testing/rehab/rest ect..maybe they say its gonna be too hard on his heart when he's jumping up and down, and running the sidelines waving the Canadian flag

David Beckham went to the 2010 WC as a cheerleader basically.

21 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Finally some good news

The first leg of the quarters are April 5th/6th. I’d be surprised if Davies plays his first game in that. I’m sure Bayern would want him to play that weekend (April 2nd against Freiburg). Assuming I’m right, 6 days after the Jamaica game and 3 after the Panama.  If he’s cleared before that, it would be great to see him join us at some point like Eustaqiuo did last window, even if limited.

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

As much as I would like to see Davies with us for the next window, I think it's best if he stays with Bayern. Let them closely monitor him as he works his way back to full match fitness and is able to go a full 90.  His complete and total recovery is much more important

I agree. If anything, let him fly to Toronto for the Jamaica game and let him sit in the press box/come onto the pitch post game to experience the celebration.

11 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I agree. If anything, let him fly to Toronto for the Jamaica game and let him sit in the press box/come onto the pitch post game to experience the celebration.

I'm guessing he will have started training at that point. If so, there's no way that Bayern let him leave to be a cheerleader and it would be best for all involved if he stays with the club during the break