The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

17 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think he knows what he is talking about but also sensationalizes, like lots of pundits. There doesn't seem to be much room between terrible and amazing in his opinion.

^^^

These guys are the same mopes who tried to bate Cyle Larin to say things against the US for clicks or to stroke the flames of this rivalry.... And I know every pundit would try to do the same... but it comes off more desperate when they do it in my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I'm definitely a little biased though, as I DETEST any ESPN footy coverage, but oh well. 

Edited by Edgewater17

9 hours ago, Edgewater17 said:

^^^

These guys are the same mopes who tried to bate Cyle Larin to say things against the US for clicks or to stroke the flames of this rivalry.... And I know every pundit would try to do the same... but it comes off more desperate when they do it in my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I'm definitely a little biased though, as I DETEST any ESPN footy coverage, but oh well. 

Also : they have the ugliest graphics with the biggest budget.

Reject bad design, always. 

12 hours ago, Free kick said:

I think its a bit of both.  He did play professionally briefly in Canada (TFC) and from what i recall having read,  he seems to have enjoy his experience.  

I think Herc is one of a handful players who played professionally in Liga MX and in MLS for both American and Canadian teams, so I think he also has some personal insights when comparing across NA. He was also on the Alphonso Davies is the best player in CONCACAF train much earlier than most American and Mexican pundits, since I remember he walked off a ESPN Deportivo segment when someone suggested Tecatito was the best player in CONCACAF ahead of Davies. 

Funnily enough, out of the four players that I remember who played in LIGA MX, Canadian and American MLS teams (Herc, Vasquez, Omar Gonzalez, and Victor Cabrera, Salcedo hasn't played officially for TFC yet), three of them went through TFC.

Keep in mind people, Phonzie was back on campus yesterday for his four weeks assessment. We are expecting news from Julien in his presser after the match today against Bochum. Be on the look out for that news, this also means we could know his fate for the last window as early as today so hoping for the best. 

Second, it almost makes me uncomfortable to see Herc just sing our praises so hard. Maybe its because I've become accustomed to feeling like the victim of CONCACAF and cant accept acknowledgement, but it was slightly unsettling. 

32 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I can see a situation where he gets minutes as a sub as they slowly reintegrate him.

Maybe by March they fly him directly to Toronto for the Jamaica game to allow him more rest.

Hope they give him the Bayern private jet

It was nice to hear the podcast host sing the praises of Phonzie…  “Phonzie and Alexander-Arnold are the best attacking fullbacks in the world”.  https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/2/12/22930594/vfl-bochum-vs-bayern-munich-postgame-podcast-rant-analysis-nagelsmann-tactics-upamecano-lewandowski

Bayern are really missing his ability to transition the ball from defense to attack.

10 minutes ago, Larry23 said:

They should really reconsider forcing young healthy men into getting the mRNA vaccines. The most recent data suggests myocarditis occurs in young men at a rate of up to 50 in 100,000 following an mRNA shot, and roughly 95% of myocarditis cases result in hospitalization. Meanwhile the same demographic have a roughly 0.1 in 100,000 chance of being hospitalized following an actual COVID infection.

That’s a 475 fold greater risk of hospitalization (vax vs. Covid infection). Myocarditis is always serious and it’s sad to see Davies was forced to submit to a shot that in his case (young elite athlete) conferred no real benefit.

Several posters suggested the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine is less than myocarditis from covid, but Davies ended up getting covid after having the vaccine, so wouldn't the vaccine then compound his myocarditis risk? 

At any rate, it looks promising he'll be back in the fold soon. Hopefully the heart-related issues will be behind him moving forward. 

25 minutes ago, Larry23 said:

They should really reconsider forcing young healthy men into getting the mRNA vaccines. The most recent data suggests myocarditis occurs in young men at a rate of up to 50 in 100,000 following an mRNA shot, and roughly 95% of myocarditis cases result in hospitalization. Meanwhile the same demographic have a roughly 0.1 in 100,000 chance of being hospitalized following an actual COVID infection.

That’s a 475 fold greater risk of hospitalization (vax vs. Covid infection). Myocarditis is always serious and it’s sad to see Davies was forced to submit to a shot that in his case (young elite athlete) conferred no real benefit.

Fuck off with these lies 

38 minutes ago, Larry23 said:

The data is out there now. David Zweig (New York Magazine, The Atlantic) did a great piece on this topic. It’s not even really a debate at this point. For young healthy men, the risk from the vaccine far outweighs the risk from COVID (at least that’s what the data suggests).

Hopefully, there are no long term consequences for Davies. Also, hopefully we return to a day where evidence based argument is the norm as opposed to just hysterically shrieking and screaming obscenities. @narduch, looking at you big guy.

This is simply not true and myocarditis isn't the only covid side effect.

Edited by narduch

39 minutes ago, Larry23 said:

Can you link where you got those numbers. Based on a large Danish study the rates of myocarditis is 5.7 per 100,000 for Moderna and 1.6 per 100,000 for Pfizer (ages 12-39). The CDC reported  3.2 cases of myocarditis per 100,000, a more recent report from New England Journal of Medicine reported  2.7 cases per 100,000.

The risk of myocarditis after infection from COVID-19 is much higher, at 122 cases per 100,000 (All ages), from the CDC

1 minute ago, Larry23 said:

Relax. Davies has myocarditis. This discussion could not be anymore topical. If you have nothing to add, don’t say anything. If you would like to change the topic then post something of substance. No need to engage in whiny preteen antics. At least we don’t need to endure another one of your inane posts about his TikTok content.

I'm plenty relaxed. I don't need a lecture on board decorum by a guy whose only contributions are a hilariously bad take on the strength of Canada's starting XI vs. the USA and COVID misinformation.

But instead of arguing with you, I'll just give you want you want.