The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm thinking more about how the club works in general. They are loyal, to a point, and you are required to be loyal, but they can be real hardline about it. 

Disclosure: I don't like BM at all.

We know  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mane to Bayern done. Guess this means Phonzie definitely won't be moving up to winger, but he should be able to rack up some assists if Mane is played on his regular left side. Sad to see him go as a Liverpool fan but looking forward to seeing him combine with Davies.

1 hour ago, A.D.I.D.A.S. said:

Florentino Perez's emissary perhaps? I'm feeling conflicted, as a Barça fan 😅

Screenshot_20220617-204959_Chrome.jpg

Do you think they're out and he gets all starstruck?  

"Oh my god, it's Alphonso Davies!!!"

That's how I imagine it. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

How about Davies goes to a club where he can play LW, and you know not be the LB in the best left sided attack.

I get he still has time, but I definitely want him further up the pitch to be THAT guy…. Left backs are never that…if you know what I mean. 

I go back and forth on that. I am a big fan of players playing the same position with club and national team. Davies is also player of the year in CONCACAF. Everyone can get better, but he’s pretty damn good now. Has playing left back at his club really hurt him? Hard to say yes. Would he become a better player for Canada as a dedicated winger for Bayern? Maybe. Perhaps he’s just one of those special players you can put anywhere and he is going to thrive. That kid is truly a gift.

Edited by Obinna