Theo Bair

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

His manager, Stuart Kettlewell, was on BBC Radio Scotland earlier this week and said they had received substantial bids from teams in the Top 5 leagues across Europe.  They would love to keep him of course.

With the euros on I guess they didn’t want to put this on their website, unless I missed it.

Thought I saw a few Motherwell supporters on my flight from London to Barcelona, wearing their scarves, younger women as well. I even overheard one talking to the boarding stewards about Motherwell. But then I was thinking the colours could be taken for Spain or even Catalonia, so maybe it was that, Spanish tourists wearing Motherwell, since they were all yellow and red, not red and white. I know the tones are not spot exact but still found it odd. 

• 3 weeks later...

We met a sibling of Theo's at our watch party, wearing a Bair shirt, thrilled to see her brother on the pitch. Very exciting moment for him and I am sure for the whole family.

I also appreciate that a CMNT family member would come to a watch party and not sit at home, a lovely set of values. Learned a few other things but most importantly he has been happy at Motherwell, so I suppose his preseason starts there soon.

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Glad to see Bair get on to the pitch at the end.  What a moment for him.

Motherwell played their first competitive game of the 2024-25 season in the League Cup yesterday. 3-0 home win against Edinburgh City. That means Bair has missed their entire preseason. Suspect he'll be moving on soon because Motherwell are not the sort of club who are likely to be able to resist a large transfer fee.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We met a sibling of Theo's at our watch party, wearing a Bair shirt, thrilled to see her brother on the pitch. Very exciting moment for him and I am sure for the whole family.

I also appreciate that a CMNT family member would come to a watch party and not sit at home, a lovely set of values. Learned a few other things but most importantly he has been happy at Motherwell, so I suppose his preseason starts there soon.

Knowing their family personally, they’re an absolutely incredible group of people, the highest morals you can find all the way from grandparents to grandkids. 

6 minutes ago, PastPros said:

I know it's a very small sample but I can see why Marsch had not played him yet. He is relatively slow (compared to Tani) and might struggle to press and counter-attack effectively.

He will be a great asset against physical CONCACAF teams, though.

Did he do anything in his appearance? Can’t recall but definitely saw he was a step slower. 

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Did he do anything in his appearance? Can’t recall but definitely saw he was a step slower. 

Not much but he was certainly slower than anyone else on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, PastPros said:

Not much but he was certainly slower than anyone else on the pitch.

I was actually quite surprised with how slow he looked out there.  I’m glad he got in but I suspect he hasn’t stood out in training.  Also, 6 games and not a single minute for Piette.