Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

Guest Tg11

If he is eligible to play for France for Les Bleus then he would obviously commit to France rather than Canada let's be realistic. France has more of a World Cup pedigree than Canada does.

13 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

If he is eligible to play for France for Les Bleus then he would obviously commit to France rather than Canada let's be realistic. France has more of a World Cup pedigree than Canada does.

It always depends on a lot of factors, it’s not that simple. 

Maybe he spent way more time here and feels more canadian or he is far from getting a call from France.

23 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

At this point, anything is possible.

Guest Tg11
7 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

It always depends on a lot of factors, it’s not that simple. 

Maybe he spent way more time here and feels more canadian or he is far from getting a call from France.

Thinking about it yeah you do bring up an interesting point but if he is one of those special talents, if he is actually a good player then chances are France will definitely call him. However, he could very well play for Canada. The decision is ultimately up to him anyway but if both FAs are looking at him it is only a matter of who is more interested.

I do not know anything about this player and haven’t really heard of him until the last few weeks. Congrats to him for getting a first team contract but until he gets regular playing time , even on loan , im not worried on what country he is going to choose 

2 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Yes cause he's just going to walk onto the best national team in the world. 

Maybe if he was right or left back, he has a slim chance in a few years for France.

France is coming close to Brazil as a global football factory. Besides supplying players for the French national team, there are actually more French born players playing for countries other than France at this WC. This doesn't include French trained but not French born.

That's why France is considered the sixth African team at the WC.

Edited by red card

Guest Tg11
2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

It is a huge help that we have the World Cup. Don't be surprised if we see young prospects gladly rep us if it means they can be a part of that 2026 squad. 

Yeah we are co hosting the tournament that goes without saying but if he wants to be playing for a national team that qualifies regularly for FIFA World Cups then he would definitely choose France. Let's say for sake of argument he grows into quite the player for his club by the time 2022 rolls around then he would most likely choose France especially if Canada are not even there.

Guest Tg11
2 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yes cause he's just going to walk onto the best national team in the world. 

I never said that but I said as a comparison if you compare national teams, do you really think he is going to want to play for a nation that doesn't regularly qualify for World Cups? Canada hasn't made a FIFA World Cup since 86. France qualifies for World Cup after World Cup. If he grows into quite the player over time then if he had a choice between France and Canada then which country would he choose to represent? France without hesitation.

Guest Tg11
1 hour ago, red card said:

Maybe if he was right or left back, he has a slim chance in a few years for France.

France is coming close to Brazil as a global football factory. Besides supplying players for the French national team, there are actually more French born players playing for countries other than France at this WC. This doesn't include French trained but not French born.

That's why France is considered the sixth African team at the WC.

Yes that is true France are becoming quite the football factory but it is ultimately his choice. I mean if he has French roots then it is understandable why he would choose France over Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:56 PM, Tg11 said:

Yes, they have more World Cups than we do World Cup qualifications. 

I used to think you were just a guy with a lot of passion and time on his hands but now I have to finally wonder what the FUCK your game is.

56 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Yes, they have more World Cups than we do World Cup qualifications. 

I used to think you were just a guy with a lot of passion and time on his hands but now I have to finally wonder what the FUCK your game is.

Not that I owe you any kind of explanation about anything?? but I said that to be realistic because let's f****** face it if he had a choice as to whether or not to play for Canada or France then which would he choose then if you're really honest with yourself. Canada has only 1 World Cup appearance whereas France has multiple. Pretty damn easy decision to make.

3 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Not that I owe you any kind of explanation about anything?? but I said that to be realistic because let's f****** face it if he had a choice as to whether or not to play for Canada or France then which would he choose then if you're really honest with yourself. Canada has only 1 World Cup appearance whereas France has multiple. Pretty damn easy decision to make.

In a world where France and Canada are trying to get him playing for them you have a point but in the real world he is not on France’s radar and hasn’t been on ours too.

Now that he has a first team contract with LOSC he must have got CSA’s attention, but he would have to score a boatload of goals just to be in the conversation for them. 

So let’s face it, Canada is his best option for international football.

2 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

In a world where France and Canada are trying to get him playing for them you have a point but in the real world he is not on France’s radar and hasn’t been on ours too.

Now that he has a first team contract with LOSC he must have got CSA’s attention, but he would have to score a boatload of goals just to be in the conversation for them. 

So let’s face it, Canada is his best option for international football.

Yeah you are probably right but I look at it like this that it is the player's decision ultimately as to what country he chooses to play for.

Edited by Tg11

35 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah you are probably right but I look at it like this that it is the player's decision ultimately as to what country he chooses to play for.

I think you totally missed the point. It is not the player's decision if he gets called to the French National Team or not.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Can a mod correct the spelling of his name, please.

This is a good little story - seems he was a fullback, and of Bernier and Camara.

https://sites.google.com/site/londonirishteams/zzz/charles-andreas-brym

Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. All the best to him. I wonder if the move to live with billets in Montreal will make the transition to France easier for him personally as he’s already had to adjust to living away from home.