Jonathan David

Vince193

12 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

It can be frustrating when you’re fixated on the striker because either he scores a goal, or he doesn’t. There’s no average Jonathan David game, it’s either you watch him score a goal, or you watch him do cardio.  They’ve been quite fun to watch this year, but those stretches when he goes a month without a goal can get tough to tune in.

I think you absolutely hit the nail on the head here. Watching a game focusing solely on the striker is a totally different experience. I think people get surprised how little they are involved in the match with the ball.

I'll also say, Gent with David were one of the most exciting teams I've watched in a while. Him behind two strikers led to some breath taking and devastating attacks.

9 hours ago, El Diego said:

I think you absolutely hit the nail on the head here. Watching a game focusing solely on the striker is a totally different experience. I think people get surprised how little they are involved in the match with the ball.

I'll also say, Gent with David were one of the most exciting teams I've watched in a while. Him behind two strikers led to some breath taking and devastating attacks.

Lille is/was not always a bad watch.

Gaultier's time was some park-the-bus at times but the counter attacks were nice and effective - they won the league after all.

The year after was the worst for me.  Football overall - not great - but also the other two Jonathans doing their low percentage stuff from the wings when if we are honest, we are watching for David goals. And being less biased, them learning to pass would be a lot more effective. 

Fonesca used his wings, including fullbacks, better and the football was good a lot of the time.  But David was still not the guy he really wanted. 

Now David is definitely the leader of the attack now and Zhegrova is a better version of the Jonathans. I guess we will see.  Adding or bringing through passers like Angel,  Bouaddi or even Cabella the last few years has helped. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford