Jonathan David

Vince193

I feel like David has a select number of clubs he wants to try himself at, and unless one of those bid for him, he will say, “thanks but no thanks” and wait out his contract to sign for one of them for free next summer. Can’t blame him as he seems to have a clear idea in his head, even if it isn’t what some of us would prefer him to do. 

Never thought I would say this: I am warming up to the idea of David playing out his Lille contract.

• Arguably the favourite to win the scoring title in Ligue 1 with Mbappe gone. He finished 2nd last year, right? 
  • Still unlikely to win the league, but odds have to be a little higher with Mbappe no longer at PSG, right?
  • If not the league, perhaps one last chance to win another title, Coup de France, Europa League (if they drop down)? 
  • If they make UCL group stage, he has big games to play. Not all of his suitors can provide UCL this season, right?
  • speaking of his suitors, the options will be much better if he let's his contract run out. 

41 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Never thought I would say this: I am warming up to the idea of David playing out his Lille contract.

• Arguably the favourite to win the scoring title in Ligue 1 with Mbappe gone. He finished 2nd last year, right? 
  • Still unlikely to win the league, but odds have to be a little higher with Mbappe no longer at PSG, right?
  • If not the league, perhaps one last chance to win another title, Coup de France, Europa League (if they drop down)? 
  • If they make UCL group stage, he has big games to play. Not all of his suitors can provide UCL this season, right?
  • speaking of his suitors, the options will be much better if he let's his contract run out. 

There's also something fun to having Canadians on three competitive Ligue 1 teams

Just now, Approve My Account Pls said:

There's also something fun to having Canadians on three competitive Ligue 1 teams

Yeah I am pretty stoked about it. Good chance a Canadian lifts some kind of silverware this season in France. Maybe the Marsielle boys snatch a domestic cup or push PSG for the league title. Perhaps Bombito and Nice can challenge for something, or at least push for Europe. They finished 5th last year.