Jonathan David

Vince193

55 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

David is good enough for UCL no doubt…so many teams make it now anyway.

Absolutely good enough, but wanting CL limits how many teams he can go to.  Wanting a league better than France and CL, means he only has 16 teams to choose from.  And even those teams don't automatically make it each year.  You can say only half of these are a "guarantee" to make it again next year.

England (4): Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa
Spain (4): Real Madrid, Barcelona, Girona, Atlético de Madrid
Germany (4): Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Bayern, Leipzig
Italy (5): Inter, Milan, Juventus, Atalanta, Bologna,

Don't think it makes sense to just look at current UCL teams. Lot of teams want to bring in a player like David specifically to help them reach UCL. Manchester United, Chelsea, Newcastle, Napoli, so on, don't plan on staying where they're currently at forever. If that wasn't the case, might as well stay at Lille who are already in UCL quals. 

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Absolutely good enough, but wanting CL limits how many teams he can go to.  Wanting a league better than France and CL, means he only has 16 teams to choose from.  And even those teams don't automatically make it each year.  You can say only half of these are a "guarantee" to make it again next year.

England (4): Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa
Spain (4): Real Madrid, Barcelona, Girona, Atlético de Madrid
Germany (4): Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Bayern, Leipzig
Italy (5): Inter, Milan, Juventus, Atalanta, Bologna,

Leagues that make the most sense for David to play in...Serie A in Italy 🇮🇹 either with Inter because in our system under Inzaghi, he would not only be club teammates with Tajon but also at Inter, he helps strengthen our team even more in the attack playing alongside players like Lautaro, Thuram, etc

Juventus needs another striker especially if Vlahovic 🇷🇸 leaves

In the Bundesliga, another league fit, best option would be Leverkeusen especially playing under Xabi Alonso. Alonso would definitely use David the right way. In Germany 🇩🇪 he gets to go up against Davies (Bayern) every week.

La Liga Santander... Spain 🇪🇸...David going to a team like Atletico does make sense yes but going to Barcelona actually would be huge. Even if Barca are going through it financially right now, David wouldn't necessarily hurt their budget especially if he were to go there. Barcelona he would be playing alongside Lewandowski and I just love that fit.

Arsenal in the Premier League in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 we need a striker who is a bonafide target man and David gives us that. I know Arteta would definitely use David in the right way and in Arsenal alongside players like Odegaard, Saka, Havertz especially up in the attack he strengthens our team when it comes to contending for that Premier League trophy.

59 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Don't think it makes sense to just look at current UCL teams. Lot of teams want to bring in a player like David specifically to help them reach UCL. Manchester United, Chelsea, Newcastle, Napoli, so on, don't plan on staying where they're currently at forever. If that wasn't the case, might as well stay at Lille who are already in UCL quals. 

That's exactly my point.  We keep saying higher league than France and UCL, it's a gamble either way.  He might not start or even play much on the top teams and I don't think a team at his level necessarily makes it every year.  Hence I'm happy with Europa or even staying in France.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, costarg said:

That's exactly my point.  We keep saying higher league than France and UCL, it's a gamble either way.  He might not start or even play much on the top teams and I don't think a team at his level necessarily makes it every year.  Hence I'm happy with Europa or even staying in France.

I am normally okay with players staying another year more than some but if Lille is going to be stripped for parts again, he needs to move on. 

Villa would be nice if they need him.  Duran (Duran) was coming on strong at the end of the season.  

Atletico seems the one with the most legs at the moment but the waves of paper talk may be just that. 

Milan being downplayed which is a shame.

Stuggart I haven't heard but one striker is on loan and the other, though he just got there, is linked away.

As far as team in the England in the Europa League 

Spurs -  enough said

Man U - obviously a ton of talent but that there are arguing about the manager still is concerning and Hojlund is not going anywhere. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

26 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I am normally okay with players staying another year more than some but if Lille is going to be stripped for parts again, he needs to move on. 

Villa would be nice if they need him.  Duran (Duran) was coming on strong at the end of the season.  

Atletico seems the one with the most legs at the moment but the waves of paper talk may be just that. 

Milan being downplayed which is a shame.

Stuggart I haven't heard but one striker is on loan and the other, though he just got there, is linked away.

As far as team in the England in the Europa League 

Spurs -  enough said

Man U - obviously a ton of talent but that there are arguing about the manager still is concerning and Hojlund is not going anywhere. 

I agree on the details, but it just goes to prove the point further.  Lets say he signs a 3 or 5 year contract.  How many times will he really play CL with Villa, Stuttgart or even Milan?  There are no guarantees of CL for a player at his level.

42 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

^just for context…

It's useful, but the real issue are the clubs that can pay a transfer and a higher salary. For example, Girona can't and won't. 

Remember that the main reasons for David to move on are 1-new challenge at a higher level and 2-salary, as right now he makes under 2 million euros, that is low for his level but Lille can't go higher and probably would prefer to sell rather than get into higher salary levels. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's useful, but the real issue are the clubs that can pay a transfer and a higher salary. For example, Girona can't and won't. 

Remember that the main reasons for David to move on are 1-new challenge at a higher level and 2-salary, as right now he makes under 2 million euros, that is low for his level but Lille can't go higher and probably would prefer to sell rather than get into higher salary levels. 

I'm glad you mentioned salary. That just might be a factor in some players' decisions 

9 minutes ago, costarg said:

I agree on the details, but it just goes to prove the point further.  Lets say he signs a 3 or 5 year contract.  How many times will he really play CL with Villa, Stuttgart or even Milan?  There are no guarantees of CL for a player at his level.

Beyond maybe 10  clubs in the world, there are no guarantees of Champions League for any club in the top 5 leagues.

Man City are the only English club to have been there for 5 years straight ( to use your contract length)

Spain has 3 with that record - Atletico is the 3rd.

Inter, Milan have been there 4 years

Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig have done it

PSG the only one in France.

I agree that it can't be a dealbreaker but that should be the goal. 

19 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'd like to see him land at a club where he can continue to compete for trophies.  Of the teams mentioned/rumoured, I think that's realistically only Milan and Atletico.

He would at least be playing Champions League football 

Posted (edited)

Hate to get my hopes up with David transfer rumours but I am coming to really like the idea of Atletico.

League level up, regular Champions League, class teamates, hometown connections.

The bad  news  rumours are that all I see in the English press is them linked with Julian Alvarez.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, MauditYvon said:

It was not what I was imagining though, and I hardly think Reinildo would accept returning to Lille. As I said, I thought they were pleased with him.

What it does say, however, is that Atlético feel they can't pay a straight-up fee and have to find other options to make a deal work. 

In other Lille news, I see Real Madrid is stepping up interest in the young CB Yoro, as are many other clubs.

I would argue these next two games in Europe vs France and Netherlands are more important for JD club career then his COPA performances. I feel like the Euro clubs tracking David right now will be focusing more on the Euros then the Copa so hopefully he steps up in these friendlies and makes a mark!