Jonathan David

Vince193

David had a very strong game vs Metz. Had some great combination plays including 2 back flicks in tight near the box that led to several good chances. Then set up a teammate on the right that should have been finished. On his missed chance to score, the ball just bounced off the pitch as he was going to strike it, glancing off his shin instead. Lille's keeper saved the day on 2 pks and another up close chance that looked like  a sure goal. Looks like David has his mojo back.

20 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but Gomes is captain today who is the same age and has half the appearances for Lille that David and he started last week when David was captain. To me this is basically confirming that something’s up with him and the manager.

Cabella wore the armband in the 1st half and gave it to Andre when he came on in the 2nd.

20 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but Gomes is captain today who is the same age and has half the appearances for Lille that David and he started last week when David was captain. To me this is basically confirming that something’s up with him and the manager.

David was captain two weeks ago no? And he was “allowed” to take the pen yesterday instead of Yacizi which I don’t think would’ve happened if he was in the dog house.

22 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Probably more like they all know he's leaving, so what is the point in giving him the permanent and regular armband if he isn't even with the team in 1-2 months.  

There is no controversy with the armband -- it goes Andre, Cabella, then David. Andre has started every match except for two (the Lyon match where David was captain and the Metz match where Cabella was captain). I believe the poster was mistaken when they said that Gomes was captain.

David was rested against Olimpja and played 87 against Metz. He's got two goals in his last two matches and is playing better than he has all season. This is the best situation he's been in all year, hopefully this continues heading into the winter window.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Word in Spain is that Milan will buy Miranda the Betis fullback the winter transfer window, who used to play alongside Ballou at Barça B. 

Does Milan really have that much to spend, or is it that they feel they need to get results this year no matter what?

Miranda is also on the cover of the paper (player wearing green) alongside David and Jakub Kiwior.

Essentially the headline is 'Milan to be remade in 3 pieces' (backup fullback for Theo Hernandez, backup striker for Giroud, another CB).

Miranda's contract expires this summer, so they're strategy is that if they can agree a pre-contract with him in January for the summer time, they will be able to get him right away at a low cost from Betis.

The plan for Kiwior is to get him on loan from Arsenal since he has not been playing a lot.

The only player of the 3 they would be spending significant dollars on is David.

3 hours ago, frmr said:

More stuff on Twitter about David to Milan. But I read some interesting comments about how it all may be a smoke screen and they actually have another target in mind and are using David as a red herring to avoid a bidding war on their actual target.

The other striker being looked at is Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy, the second leading scorer in the Bundesliga at the moment behind only Harry Kane. He apparently has a release clause in his contract in the region of 17-20 million Euros, so he would be cheaper than David. 

1 minute ago, masster said:

The other striker being looked at is Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy, the second leading scorer in the Bundesliga at the moment behind only Harry Kane. He apparently has a release clause in his contract in the region of 17-20 million Euros, so he would be cheaper than David. 

16 goals in 11 games this season. Not a bad return. But he is 27 and David has scored far more consistently, this season notwithstanding.

24 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Clermont’s stadium has got to be sub-CPL level. Looks under construction and all but damn. These guys are playing in a parking lot. 

The main stand is above cpl level and the finished stadium will be above cfl level. 

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2021/07/new_design_newbies_adapting_stadium_to_ligue_1

Edited by king1010

49 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Speaking of Clermont Foot, does anyone recall ZBG being linked to them in the past? Since his option is declined with Montreal, would that be a possible European destination?

I remember that. It would be nice, but I just can't see it at this point. Hope I'm wrong, though. I think he needs out of Montreal to get more playing time. He's the kind of player who, if a coach takes a chance on, could look like a genius signing imo.