Jonathan David

Vince193

42 minutes ago, VinceA said:

David keeps this up we won't have to worry about a transfer saga next summer.

Scoring lots of goals last season didn't translate in a transfer either. It's the  price Lille are asking. Clubs know what David can and can't do based  on  his past 5 seasons.

Edited by Kadenge

8 hours ago, Shway said:

He either goes for "cheap" in his last year or he runs down his contract.

The big club asks that he wants, might have to take a second thought.

I watch Brighton play, and think he would do very well there before another move.

Even if he ends up at Brighton long term that wouldn’t be a bad move- they look like they’re able to earn enough off sales to stay highly competitive. They’re probably gonna get a lot more for Ferguson than they’d spend on JD, might be a good move for both sides 

35 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Anyone know why it’s not on Fubo? App saying that they’ll replay the game tomorrow afternoon. 

There are 3 matches at the same time and BeIn chose Nice v Brest.

One Soccer has stopped showing Lille games 

Edited by narduch

Most Lille game ever. They brought on a couple starters really late and they all pretty much tried to hit the net from free kicks 30 yards out. Swear they roofed like four balls in the last 5 minutes. Just nothing going offensively. They should’ve started their starters and rested them once they had the lead. 

During the Real Madrid game today Shaka Hislop was saying that although Jude Bellingham is not a flashy player like a lot of current stars, he does everything right. Makes the right runs, knows when to pass/ shoot, great anticipation and just makes the game very simple. Not at the same level, but I thought of David when he said this. I know he's going through a cold spell right now, but David really needs to move to a better team to progress his game.

8 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Lille are gonna have missed out on big money by not selling this past summer….

Not a slight on David but moreso on Lille.  Hopefully Lille can turn it around and David can get going.

I love JD, but I think we give him a pass despite him sharing responsibility for Lille’s poor play.  You can only blame his drought on his teammates so often.  

But I agree - they will deeply regret not selling him last summer at peak price.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I love JD, but I think we give him a pass despite him sharing responsibility for Lille’s poor play.  You can only blame his drought on his teammates so often.  

But I agree - they will deeply regret not selling him last summer at peak price.  

Completely agree.  I actually avoid this thread on game days because it’s always been everyone else’s fault except David’s according to most on this forum for 4 seasons 😂 

He’s still in our top 3 on our squad.

Edited by Corazon

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Completely agree.  I actually avoid this thread on game days because it’s always been everyone else’s fault except David’s according to most on this forum for 4 seasons 😂 

He’s still in our top 3 on our squad.

Well I think you're being harsh. His team hasn't been providing him, and he's been playing well, especially when you look deeper at his xG, xA, and chances created..... 🙄

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Well I think you're being harsh. His team hasn't been providing him, and he's been playing well, especially when you look deeper at his xG, xA, and chances created..... 🙄

That wasn’t the point of the post.  If you think XG, XA and chances created are gonna keep his market value up then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.  I never once said anything bad about David or his performances.  As I said above he’s top 3 on Canada (if not 2nd).  And I think he’s one of the most well rounded strikers in the world.  Nothing negative to say about him, only that with Lille struggling and David not scoring as much, his transfer value is going to go down this season.  In fact, it was a shot at Lille for not selling him this summer when we all wanted him to leave.  And I think most of us all fully expect JD to score more goals at almost any other club that he would leave Lille for.

And I responded to @dyslexic nam and stated that we tend to put blame anywhere else on the Lille but David.  Which is my opinion.  You can go back and read game day threads over the past several years here and have your opinion as well.  
But I’m not gonna have you twist my words to make it seem like I was discrediting JD play or ability.  I never put down his performances or his play once.

Edited by Corazon

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

That wasn’t the point of the post.  If you think XG, XA and chances created are gonna keep his market value up then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.  I never once said anything bad about David or his performances.  As I said above he’s top 3 on Canada (if not 2nd).  And I think he’s one of the most well rounded strikers in the world.  Nothing negative to say about him, only that with Lille struggling and David not scoring as much, his transfer value is going to go down this season.  In fact, it was a shot at Lille for not selling him this summer when we all wanted him to leave.  

And I responded to @dyslexic nam and stated that we tend to put blame anywhere else on the Lille but David.  Which is my opinion.  You can go back and read game day threads over the past several years here and have your opinion as well.  
But I’m not gonna have you twist my words to make it seem like I was discrediting JD play or ability.  I never put down his performances or his play once.

Good post, but point is, at some point a striker has to create his own chances too. Not just wait for "service". David could improve in many ways. Head. Hold up. Long shot from outside the box. Go get it, distribute, look for the return to strike. I appreciate he can't add everything, there are limits, but I don't think you can just stay with what got you far ahead at age 20.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist