Jonathan David

Vince193

29 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Allegedly a Spanish reporter Marti said on his Twitch Jonathan David to West Ham for 50+5M until 2026... 

@Unnamed Trialist is this guy reliable? I haven't seen anything else about this from Fabrizio or any of the usual subjects

While it would be good for him to go the top team in the Premier League.  Unfortunately no truth in it.

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Allegedly a Spanish reporter Marti said on his Twitch Jonathan David to West Ham for 50+5M until 2026... 

@Unnamed Trialist is this guy reliable? I haven't seen anything else about this from Fabrizio or any of the usual subjects

Martí is a common first and last name in Catalan speaking territories (Martin), you'd have to post the link. 

Anyways, I have become so bored with these guys doing transfer rumours, to the point of being inured. I used to care, but years of hearing them all summer with Barça has distanced me. I do appreciate that if there is fire there will usually be smoke, very few transfers happen without some buzz, but fact is, agents are paying press to drum up interest for a player (sometimes paying in information), and press are paying agents for tips to publish. So there are deals going on that reduce the veracity of what gets published. 

No reputable agent, and rarely any member of a player's family or friend circle, would ever say anything to hurt a negotiation (except maybe Ivan Mitrovic), meaning in critical moments there are also silences that have as much meaning as the noise.

57 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

Good thing for David that we have no games in this September break…it’s absolutely incredible how much pressing and running he does.

Not to mention the scoring.  It's nuts how much this guy brings to a team.  I don't feel scouts are seeing it, or they're just old-fashioned and are just looking for strikers that only strike.

I feel Lille knows what they have, hence the price tag and not being desperate to sell.  They know they'll make money cause he's a big part of them qualifying for Europe too.

Edited by costarg

Lille's Stade Pierre-Mauroy is rocking today — but not because of LOSC or Jonathan David. The stadium is hosting a Rugby World Cup match between France and Uruguay. France is leading at half time and should pull away from Uruguay in the second half. Those two countries have combined for four (football) World Cup titles but zero Rugby World Cup titles. France has lost in the RWC final match three times!

Easy trivia question: What country is the only one to have won both the World Cup and the Rugby World Cup?

Slightly harder trivia question: What country (besides France) has lost the final match of the Rugby World Cup three times?

David and LOSC return to Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Sept. 20 for a Europa Conference League match against Olimpija and on Sept. 26 for a French league match against Reims. The stadium is hosting another four Rugby World Cup matches including two England matches.

8 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

Lille's Stade Pierre-Mauroy is rocking today — but not because of LOSC or Jonathan David. The stadium is hosting a Rugby World Cup match between France and Uruguay. France is leading at half time and should pull away from Uruguay in the second half. Those two countries have combined for four (football) World Cup titles but zero Rugby World Cup titles. France has lost in the RWC final match three times!

Easy trivia question: What country is the only one to have won both the World Cup and the Rugby World Cup?

Slightly harder trivia question: What country (besides France) has lost the final match of the Rugby World Cup three times?

David and LOSC return to Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Sept. 20 for a Europa Conference League match against Olimpija and on Sept. 26 for a French league match against Reims. The stadium is hosting another four Rugby World Cup matches including two England matches.

1. England

2. NZ, I believe.

19 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

I have a good friend from Canada living in the UK who has already been to one rugby match there, has gone back to England now, and is planning another visit rather soon. Then to Paris, Lyon I think. 

He's basically transitioned from football to rugby, used to be a Manchester United fan but has totally disengaged in the last decade.

On 9/14/2023 at 1:00 PM, Treppy2 said:

Stupid pointy ball digging up the turf 😡 *grumble grumble*