Jonathan David

Vince193

A typical "Iceman" goal. Most players would have snatched at that, he took that goal like it was a training session.

edit: after seeing it again, maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Still, he did well to keep it on frame.

Edited by frmr

I know Europa Conference League isn’t the top European competition but it represents more cash for Lille.   With David previously dragging them to a championship and qualifying for the UCL, he has been a massive factor in securing the team a lot of revenue.  Maybe they see him as truly essential to the team and are really trying to keep him and re-up his contract.   

Toronto, 2040

Long-in-the tooth veteran  "Iceman" David scored in the last-minute of the final TFC match of the season,  giving TFC the sole victory of the season. The Voyageur´s section was festooned with signs stating "The Iceman should have taken  the penalties in 2024 and 2026, not Davies", in reference to the last two times Canada was in the World Cup.

Edited by beachesl

4 hours ago, frmr said:

A typical "Iceman" goal. Most players would have snatched at that, he took that goal like it was a training session.

edit: after seeing it again, maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Still, he did well to keep it on frame.

I think he did very well to adjust his feet in time to be able to direct that rebound which came very quickly (while he was surely fatigued after 95+ minutes of play)

2 hours ago, beachesl said:

Toronto, 2040

Long-in-the tooth veteran  "Iceman" David scored in the last-minute of the final TFC match of the season,  giving TFC the sole victory of the season. The Voyageur´s section was festooned with signs stating "The Iceman should have taken  the penalties in 2024 and 2026, not Davies", in reference to the last two times Canada was in the World Cup.

Coach Herdman credited the “brotherhood” for the victory.

25 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It probably wasn’t going to happen, but I wonder if Lille would’ve considered it if there was a big option to buy at the end of the loan. Probably unlikely, but still

It would need to be a compulsory fee for Lille to say yes, I would think. Not sure Milan can promise that.

And still why lose your best player for a year before you get any real compensation.  It's not like his wages are killing them.   

David will play one more season with Lille, let his contract run down, and be a huge transfer target next summer.  Lille will be forced to sell to recoup some investment since there is no way they will want to let him go for free the next year.  

David holds all the cards right now.  All he had to do is have another year that keeps clubs motivated to buy him.  Everything else will fall into place if he can do that.   

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

David will play one more season with Lille, let his contract run down, and be a huge transfer target next summer.  Lille will be forced to sell to recoup some investment since there is no way they will want to let him go for free the next year.  

David holds all the cards right now.  All he had to do is have another year that keeps clubs motivated to buy him.  Everything else will fall into place if he can do that.   

Yep that's basically it. With the possibility of an early exit in January. I hope we see him continue to improve on his yearly goal scoring exploits once again. If he can score in the 30 region or higher this year, he will be definitely in the discussion for a move to one of the top 10 clubs in the world again, especially with the reduced fee.

25 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Spurs have agreed a 45M pounds fee for NF's Johnson. Good luck to the lad. Replacing Kane is a very big ask for any player coming in.

It's very mean but when Johnson first came on the scene, someone on a West Ham forum said he has "the punchable face of someone who will end up at Spurs".  Prophecy.

I can't wish him good luck but he will fit in well with the new manager's system, I think.