Jonathan David

Vince193

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I want David to spurs because all of their idiot fans are rushing to compare him to the worst possible player- worse than Richarlison, he’s fat, penathan david, etc. You’ll get one of the best strikers in Europe, and you’ll say thank you. Fuck off.

Sounds toxic. 

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I want David to spurs because all of their idiot fans are rushing to compare him to the worst possible player- worse than Richarlison, he’s fat, penathan david, etc. You’ll get one of the best strikers in Europe, and you’ll say thank you. Fuck off.

Not sure I understand your reasoning honestly. 

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we don't have the numbers to be as annoying as American Premier League fans. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Sounds like a fantastic situation for the lad

13 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Good. If Leeds fans thought having some Americans on their team was too toxic in terms of the shift in fanbase, Spurs are in for something else. Hope they enjoy every single social media post just being a wave of Canadian flags and requests to sign all of our other guys.

I don't know. I would really prefer to see him go where he's wanted. 

It's possible he may just ride out his time at Lille and sign a lucrative MLS DP contract as the summer of 2025 rolls in. It's not inconceivable, Messi-mania will be in its third year, with MLS being a highly competitive league as a result from the massive increase in revenues, which will mean going to Europe that isn't the Prem or Madrid/Barca may not even be a step-up from North America at that point. 

Edited by Macksam

12 minutes ago, Macksam said:

It's possible he may just ride out his time at Lille and sign a lucrative MLS DP contract as the summer of 2025 rolls in. It's not inconceivable, Messi-mania will be in its third year, with MLS being a highly competitive league as a result from the massive increase in revenues, which will mean going to Europe that isn't the Prem or Madrid/Barca may not even be a step-up from North America at that point. 

Except for the fact that he's said 2398492 times that he only wants to play at the highest level in Europe.

31 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Sounds like a fantastic situation for the lad

Doubt any of this affects him, it's idiots on social media.

33 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not sure I understand your reasoning honestly. 

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we don't have the numbers to be as annoying as American Premier League fans. 

Well, a lot of their most annoying fans think he's terrible, which he's not, and I'd love to see them get upset that they spent the money on him instead of the brazilian wunderkind du jour, but I mostly want to see David go to Spurs because I think he's (obviously) an excellent player and they are at the level of club I think he needs to play for. Mostly just a gripe towards annoying social media- nothing serious.

Also, I feel like our status as a tiny soccer nation with a comparatively weak soccer culture that has produced only a handful of elite players who our fans are very motivated to let the rest of the world know just how good they are makes us even more annoying than Americans. At least they're American- being annoying is the expectation.

6 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Also, I feel like our status as a tiny soccer nation with a comparatively weak soccer culture that has produced only a handful of elite players who our fans are very motivated to let the rest of the world know just how good they are makes us even more annoying than Americans. At least they're American- being annoying is the expectation.

You didn't see when Pulisic scored yesterday?

David needs to play in Europe, what ever happens in the next little while, Spurs cannot guarentee that going forward and aren't now.

At least that's the logical reason I give. 

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

You didn't see when Pulisic scored yesterday?

David needs to play in Europe, what ever happens in the next little while, Spurs cannot guarentee that going forward and aren't now.

At least that's the logical reason I give. 

I only follow Tactical Manager in terms of US fans, and he's annoying, but I think the CANMNT guys that pop up on my feed are way more annoying, or at least would be to people outside of Canada.

And yeah, he needs to play in Europe- is that realistic at this point this season? I don't think Lille's conference league berth does much for him, and if he can sign on with a bonafide champions league team, that's perfect, but I don't think there has been much talk on that front. If Napoli swoop in and somehow sell Oshimen and buy David or a similar team, that's way better, but Spurs is the only big club that has rumors out there, for whatever those are worth.

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I only follow Tactical Manager in terms of US fans, and he's annoying, but I think the CANMNT guys that pop up on my feed are way more annoying, or at least would be to people outside of Canada.

And yeah, he needs to play in Europe- is that realistic at this point this season? I don't think Lille's conference league berth does much for him, and if he can sign on with a bonafide champions league team, that's perfect, but I don't think there has been much talk on that front. If Napoli swoop in and somehow sell Oshimen and buy David or a similar team, that's way better, but Spurs is the only big club that has rumors out there, for whatever those are worth.

Hugely biased but Spurs are not a "big" club in the way Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Man United are. It's been 17 years since they won a League Cup.   And even if you don't count the Conference League, West Ham has won something in Europe since they have -early 60s. 

And it is getting crowded in the top 7 these days.  If its Juve, where next year, odds on, they are back in the Champions League places, that's one thing.  But there are 5 teams with more money than Spurs and some other very well run ones in contention these days. 

11 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hugely biased but Spurs are not a "big" club in the way Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Man United are. It's been 17 years since they won a League Cup.   And even if you don't count the Conference League, West Ham has won something in Europe since they have -early 60s. 

And it is getting crowded in the top 7 these days.  If its Juve, where next year, odds on, they are back in the Champions League places, that's one thing.  But there are 5 teams with more money than Spurs and some other very well run ones in contention these days. 

No, of course not, but I don't know that any of those teams have legitimate interest in JD, which is where I'm at with Spurs. I'd be happy if he landed at West Ham or Brighton or any of those other teams that often end up nearish the mid/top of table, but so far, all we've heard is Spurs or Saudi Arabia, so if he can play for a relatively competitive premier league team, play well, and move on after a few seasons, that would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

No, of course not, but I don't know that any of those teams have legitimate interest in JD, which is where I'm at with Spurs. I'd be happy if he landed at West Ham or Brighton or any of those other teams that often end up nearish the mid/top of table, but so far, all we've heard is Spurs or Saudi Arabia, so if he can play for a relatively competitive premier league team, play well, and move on after a few seasons, that would be perfect.

There were lots, but things need to move or people get desperate and time is running out. Unfortunately Chelsea look like they could use him as well. 

6 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

David going from a club that has the ball for 70% to one with 30% would be something 

I actually think that part would work, he's not a slow tika-taka passing guy, nor a beat your man one on one and carry it up the field guy.  His best passing I have seen is on the break.  And he has really deceptive pace.