Jonathan David

Vince193

15 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

You mean like Matheus Cunha? The Brazilian that Wolves bought for 50 million? After a grand total of 7 goals in 54 games for Athletico. 

Seems to confirm it.  Add a “ha” at the end of the name and the price and offers rise. The stats don’t seem to merit it. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Stryker911 said:

You mean like Matheus Cunha? The Brazilian that Wolves bought for 50 million? After a grand total of 7 goals in 54 games for Athletico. 

I think the best option for David, which is likely too late in the window for this to happen, would have been a loan with a purchase option to a bigger club.

Wolves current "transfer policy" is bordering on (and may actually be) criminal, but I get the point.

I always thought David would be a perfect replacement for Firminio at Liverpool.  And continuing to make your point (ignoring a Canadian for a player from a big football nation) watching Diogo Jota through his time at Liverpool, and Darwin Nunez the past year, I'd say David would be a much better asset than the pair of them.

4 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Wolves current "transfer policy" is bordering on (and may actually be) criminal, but I get the point.

I always thought David would be a perfect replacement for Firminio at Liverpool.  And continuing to make your point (ignoring a Canadian for a player from a big football nation) watching Diogo Jota through his time at Liverpool, and Darwin Nunez the past year, I'd say David would be a much better asset than the pair of them.

Nunez has yet to be unleashed so the jury is still out on him, but he is a chaos merchant in a way that David is definitely not, so they’re not comparable. Jota is more comparable to David aside from being strangely good in the air for his height (Jota), but I would take Jota over David every day if the week at this point. He’s a ridiculously good finisher which is why he’s currently earned the #9 position. David at Liverpool would be a dream come true for me but there’s no way he steps in ahead of either of them currently. 

Saw somewhere Balogun has already agreed to personal terms with Chelsea? I would think that they’ll pay whatever transfer fee Arsenal slaps on him. 

I’m surprised Monaco is in the race for him too. Feels like if Lille can’t sell David and earn the profit they’re looking for after they paid €30M for him, what’s Monaco gonna have to sell Balogun for when he’s 24- €80M? 100?

Edited by InglewoodJack

49 minutes ago, frmr said:

This source says a bid was made for David, but then a subsequent post on this account (which is an aggregator) says no bid has been made yet and they are waiting on outgoings this week. But seems like there is definitely interest from Spurs.

Fack. With Postecoglu I think Spurs might be a good move after all....push Richarlison back out wide, and have David checking in and combining with Madisson and outside players....fack.
I hate Spurs.

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

Fack. With Postecoglu I think Spurs might be a good move after all....push Richarlison back out wide, and have David checking in and combining with Madisson and outside players....fack.
I hate Spurs.

I am seeing Brennan Johnson linked with Spurs, might cost as much as David. Here's hoping.

(I also, with a gun to my head, would say Postecoglu would be a good manager and sets up his attackers to succeed.)