Jonathan David

Vince193

I'm actually a rare Spurs fan who is happy Kane is gone. But yah there is a self loathing that goes along with being a Spurs fan. They'll be better for it but it's always tough to lose a club legend. For fans of certain EPL team's a "Club Legend" is really good player who played for your club for a long time. It's been a while for some of you

Anyways.. bring on Jonathan David

Edited by SpursFlu

17 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm actually a rare Spurs fan who is happy Kane is gone. But yah there is a self loathing that goes along with being a Spurs fan. They'll be better for it but it's always tough to lose a club legend. For fans of certain EPL team's a "Club Legend" is really good player who played for your club for a long time. It's been a while for some of you

Anyways.. bring on Jonathan David

I respect Kane, anyone who stays with their boyhood club when they could have moved earlier, deserves that.  He is a very very good striker. 

I obviously hope the dominoes fall a different way on David. 

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I respect Kane, anyone who stays with their boyhood club when they could have moved earlier, deserves that.  He is a very very good striker. 

I obviously hope the dominoes fall a different way on David. 

Wasn't Kane at Arsenal first, though?

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Like him or not, Kane is a Spurs & England legend. Anyone replacing him is going to be under X- pressure to replicate his production. That's not a good situation for David.

That's kinda the player we want/expect JD to be though. If he goes to Tottenham and can't hack the pressure, then that's another conversation, but ideally, we want to see him at the highest level possible.

Crazy if Tottenham hop over David and go for Orban- isn't Orban only like a year and a half younger? I get he's probably cheaper, but damn.

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

That's kinda the player we want/expect JD to be though. If he goes to Tottenham and can't hack the pressure, then that's another conversation, but ideally, we want to see him at the highest level possible.

Crazy if Tottenham hop over David and go for Orban- isn't Orban only like a year and a half younger? I get he's probably cheaper, but damn.

True, but he needs to land at the right place/team in the EPL. Better to stay at Lille ...can't belive I said that, but trying to replace Kane at Spurs is a bridge too far for David at least at this stage of his career.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Didn't this guy have Bernardeschi basically moving to Bologna?

Oh that was him? I’m usually skeptical of accounts spamming hashtags in their tweets in 2023 too. Think a lot of these guys just tweet about sensible moves in the hope that they guess right and build cred.

2 minutes ago, frmr said:

Also wondering what tier he is. 300k followers so he he must not be shit tier.

Depending on your appetite to potentially get mega scammed, all you need is a valid credit card and you can get to half a mill followers before tomorrow morning.

5 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Oh that was him? I’m usually skeptical of accounts spamming hashtags in their tweets in 2023 too. Think a lot of these guys just tweet about sensible moves in the hope that they guess right and build cred.

Depending on your appetite to potentially get mega scammed, all you need is a valid credit card and you can get to half a mill followers before tomorrow morning.

ill just take 1 please, @matt_the_distiller

Just watching some Spurs youtube fan channels breaking down tactics and it doesn't seem like David is going to fit Ange's system. Moreover, there seems to be an appetite to spread the proceeds around the squad, on a CB and RB and maybe a 6, or even another wide forward. Maybe this is where the appetite for Gift Orban comes from. They get him for 25-30M gives them an extra 20-30M to play with vs buying David for 50-60M. 

33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Just watching some Spurs youtube fan channels breaking down tactics and it doesn't seem like David is going to fit Ange's system. Moreover, there seems to be an appetite to spread the proceeds around the squad, on a CB and RB and maybe a 6, or even another wide forward. Maybe this is where the appetite for Gift Orban comes from. They get him for 25-30M gives them an extra 20-30M to play with vs buying David for 50-60M. 

I haven't watched the video, but I feel like Daizen Maeda (Postecoglu's striker at Celtic) is not that far from David's style and skill set.  For that matter, isn't Gift Orban in the same mold?  (I.e. Smaller, speedy strikers who can play wide, dribble, link up and finish.)