Jonathan David

Vince193

If he does stay at Lille and moving forward I'm gonna assume he is, what do we think a successful season looks like? I'd like to see him hit 20 non-penalty goals. I think he was at 14 this year, so more or less the same lift he had from two seasons ago to this one.

Saw something about Neymar insisting on leaving PSG this summer- if both he and Mbappe leave this year, I think Lille should just go for it. Won't pretend I know much about the Ligue 1 landscape, but I think him capping off his French career with his best season ever and a title as the team's star would be such a cool story to follow. Looking back, I almost have a twisted appreciation for all of those 9 AM lile games where absolutely nothing happens for the first 80 minutes.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

If he does stay at Lille and moving forward I'm gonna assume he is, what do we think a successful season looks like? I'd like to see him hit 20 non-penalty goals. I think he was at 14 this year, so more or less the same lift he had from two seasons ago to this one.

Saw something about Neymar insisting on leaving PSG this summer- if both he and Mbappe leave this year, I think Lille should just go for it. Won't pretend I know much about the Ligue 1 landscape, but I think him capping off his French career with his best season ever and a title as the team's star would be such a cool story to follow. Looking back, I almost have a twisted appreciation for all of those 9 AM lile games where absolutely nothing happens for the first 80 minutes.

They are joints 4th favourites in England at least - 33/1.  That compares to PSG - 3/10, Marseilles - 12/1, Monaco - 28-1, Lens - 33/1.  

The Icelandic kid looks decent and Angel does at times but not sure what else is better there.  There is a Portuguese fullback who wants the Bamba role of taking silly shots all the time.

26 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

They are joints 4th favourites in England at least - 33/1.  That compares to PSG - 3/10, Marseilles - 12/1, Monaco - 28-1, Lens - 33/1.  

The Icelandic kid looks decent and Angel does at times but not sure what else is better there.  There is a Portuguese fullback who wants the Bamba role of taking silly shots all the time.

They were also heavily linked to Gift Orban as the JD replacement. Buying him was probably contingent on selling David, but if they can pull it off, that would be a nice little striker pairing to try out too.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/lille-letang-fixe-les-conditions-d-un-depart-de-jonathan-david_AV-202308080631.html

Lille president Olivier Létang interview on David

- He will play against Nice Friday

- Won't leave without certain conditions being met for club and David

- Club do not have a knife to their throat financially, unlike in the past.

35 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/lille-letang-fixe-les-conditions-d-un-depart-de-jonathan-david_AV-202308080631.html

Lille president Olivier Létang interview on David

- He will play against Nice Friday

- Won't leave without certain conditions being met for club and David

- Club do not have a knife to their throat financially, unlike in the past.

So basically Lille can now afford to be greedy. 

Recently there seemed to be some PSG rumblings, but they just signed a young no. 9 from Benfica, so that likely puts the kibosh on that one. 

I didn't want David at PSG anyway, but it would have obviously been an upgrade and he would have won some more silverware. He would have also been locked into Ligue 1, which I don't think he wants (or we want for him).

I am fully prepared for him to stay at Lille this season, which is shocking because he seemed to be as sure a bet to move this offseason than any Canadian. 

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

So basically Lille can now afford to be greedy. 

If he helps them back into Champions League this season any hit Lille would take for using up another year of his contract would be a good monetary investment.  No doubt about it.

Pretty big ask though.

16 minutes ago, frmr said:

https://twitter.com/TuttoMercatoWeb/status/1689226769134391297?s=20

Now the latest is Napoli has an agreement in place with David to replace Osimhen if he moves to Saudi Arabia, who are offering absolutely silly money and putting a lot of pressure Osimhen to move.

That’s really good for David but I would hate to see Oshimen go to Saudi, Hopefully a team like Bayern, PSG or Chelsea grab him instead and David moves to Napoli.

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

That’s really good for David but I would hate to see Oshimen go to Saudi, Hopefully a team like Bayern, PSG or Chelsea grab him instead and David moves to Napoli.

180 euros would be a massive honey pot for Napoli. I doubt Oshimen would agree, but you never know. His place in the Nigerian team won't be impacted and he's young enough to go over there, come back to Europe a few years later, and still be in his prime. 

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

180 euros would be a massive honey pot for Napoli. I doubt Oshimen would agree, but you never know. His place in the Nigerian team won't be impacted and he's young enough to go over there, come back to Europe a few years later, and still be in his prime. 

Hell yeah. I say do it if I’m him. Play a year or two there for money and then you go back to Europe and play wherever you want for honours. 

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Complete with the heart strings, attempts at breaking records etc. etc.

I personally can't have David there, so Kane staying is okay with me. 

Agreed. Spurs is a team with unrealistic expectations that don't match with their agenda. Conte had the balls to say it loud n clear. I'd rather he go somewhere else. I think it's best not to force a move. Come the winter transfer window there will be injuries, poor performances and disgruntled players and relations. If more opportunities arise at this time then it may be better to hold off a few months.

Edited by RojitoTO

5 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

What a f-in soap opera…

Maybe him officially signing an extension will still move things along though? Are Bayern looking at anyone else? Maybe David will sign there, or whoever their backup plan signs there which opens up another spot for David. Dominoes might start to fall regardless.